Secrets Untold

Ahsoka's POV

"How were the questionings?" Obi Wan asked when we met up with him in front of the Jedi Temple.

"Epic fail." I said with a hint of annoyance.

"Just like my condom." Anakin joked.

"Anakin! There are younglings here!" Obi Wan scolded. A youngling stopped.

"What's a condom?" He asked.

"Nothing." Anakin said while escorting him away. "Seriously, Obi Wan. You've got no sense of humor."

"Now, Anakin...I read your diary and...we need to talk." Obi Wan said.

"You read my what?" Anakin demanded as Obi Wan escorted us to a private place.

"So...in your diary, you say that you've had visions...of your loved ones...in danger. And that you've been seeking Palpatine's help in order to gain the power to save those you love from dying." Obi Wan held out the diary.

"Gimme that!" Anakin attempted to snatch the diary out of his hands, but Obi Wan dodged. "Where'd you get that?"

"Ahsoka gave it to me." Obi Wan had a blank expression on his face. Anakin turned to me.

"What the hell, Ahsoka?! Fine time to tattle on me!" He growled.

"I'm only trying to help you!" I countered back.

"So am I." Obi Wan said right after as he was skimming the diary and flipped to another bookmarked page.

"Hey! Mind your own business!" Anakin shouted.

"So Anakin, in your diary, you also describe having visions of Padme dying in childbirth. Does this mean..." Obi Wan started to speak, but his voice trailed off. He began stroking his beard.

"Wait, wait, that's not what you think it is, Obi Wan. Really, honest!" Anakin smiled awkwardly.

"You're the father, aren't you?" Obi Wan asked.

"Obi Wan! Now you're jumping in the 'Tattle on Anakin Skywalker' bandwagon! Now you're gonna tell the Council and get me kicked out. Ugh!"

"Anakin, I don't plan on doing that!" Obi Wan pleaded, but Anakin wrestled him to the floor. Before things could get ugly, I retreated.

---

"Little Soka!" Plo Koon called, using the nickname he gave me long ago.

"Oh. Hi, Plo!" I said cheerfully.

"I heard the questionings went terrible."

"Yeah."

"Hey, listen. I might have an idea of what's really going on. Come with me to the Jedi Archives." Plo trailed off with me following behind.

---

"Clay, is there any way we can see any past footage?" Plo asked Clay once we reached the Archives.

"Yes, we can go to the control center to look at the security recordings. We might find something...fishy." Clay said as he led us to the control room. There, he pulled up some security footage. We then saw a hooded figure walking inside and pulling up some holograms.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"We don't know. Maybe Palpatine got himself a new apprentice." Plo answered.

"Maybe. We haven't seen him around much." Clay shrugged as we watched the figure pressing some buttons and doing some doodads.

"This is entertaining." I sarcastically said.

"I can't tell what he's doing. This is shot from a really bad angle..." Clay noted.

"This is just...useless." I turned off the security footage several minutes later.

"But there might've been something...fishy in there." Plo countered.

"Look, all we watched was a person doing some tech doodads that none of us know how to do. So how is it going to help us?"

"BUT THEY'RE INNOCENT, WINDU!" We heard Anakin scream.

"Yikes, that was loud." I stated. We all covered our ears as Anakin attempted to have a screaming match with Windu.

"I'm not liking the tone of this. Let's go check it out." Clay said as we rushed over.

Anakin's POV

"Are you nuts?! You're just gonna keep doing this until you're certain Palpatine's followers are locked up in jail?!" I quarrelled.

"It's the only way to weed out traitors, Skywalker." Windu argued.

"Then what about those people you sent out after questioning them? I'm not sure how, but I know they're telling the truth."

"Everything I'm doing is for the Republic. Those people have done crimes against the Republic, and I need to make sure the Republic has no traces of Palpatine's influence."

"Anakin, calm down!" Ahsoka called. She was accompanied by Plo Koon and Clay.

"I'm trying to get my point across. Windu's way to approaching this isn't gonna work, and before you know it, many civilians will end up in jail for something they didn't do." I explained. Ashoka face palmed. I really don't blame her. She's experienced Windu's prejudice against the 'guilty'.

"That's what I'm trying to do, Skywalker!" Windu asserted.

"If so, then check your sources, dammit!"

"G-Guys! Guys! I just s-saw Palpatine h-himself! He's in h-his o-office!" Dean came shouting as he ran down the hall.

"Wait inside the Chamber of the Jedi High Council until this is over." Windu instructed me before he and the others save Clay left.

I thought Windu began to trust me with this kind of stuff. He even said so himself. What I don't understand is why he's been sidelining me with this Palpatine business. I'm 22 with a family of my own. I can look after myself. I'm sure he's aware of that, but why won't he admit it?

---

Author's Note:  Have you guys noticed that the point of view changes every part? And how it suddenly switched back to Anakin's POV back there? Let me explain.

So each section focuses on one aspect of the plot. Part I was told from Anakin's POV and established the plot. Part II was told from Padme's POV and established the subplot. It also introduced another character, Kihara Mekugna. Part III focused on Anakin's internal conflict and was told from Ahsoka's POV. At times, I may shift perspectives like I did up there. Just keep an eye out for that.

Also, this chapter has been dedicated to Lexa Skywalker, the first friend I've ever made here on Wattpad! Thanks for your help, Lex!

6/16/17

Hello, my fellow Wattpadders! It's that time of the year again---the Wattys 2017 are coming right up! I remember entering this in the Wattys last year, but it didn't win anything. But it was fun writing Sith Rising. Can't believe it's been a year since I started working on it. Time really does fly, huh? I'll put another update here very soon!