mine field

Probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I was lying in bed, watching Camilla roll from one side to another with her beautifully messy hair. She was a catastrophe. But she was a beautiful catastrophe.

I got up, had a shower and made breakfast. As she walked out of my bedroom, she widened her eyes.
"You made breakfast?"
I chuckled.
"Yes..."
"I didn't know you could cook."
She came up to the dining table, ripping a piece of her pancake on her plate.
"I don't."
I smiled. She laughed as she noticed the pancake mixture on the kitchen counter.

As we peacefully ate breakfast, she tied her hair up into a bun. I have no idea how it stayed up without a hair tie. Is her hair like anti-gravitational? Whatever it is, it's amazing. She's amazing.

"I have to drive to Bruce's university today."
I looked down.
"Should I drive you?"
I offered, the least I can do.
"No, he wouldn't want to see you. Not with me." She took a sip of her coffee.
"He's still in uni?"
I asked.
"Yeah. He dropped out but his parents convinced him to finish his course. Unfortunately, we're studying the same English course. I don't want to see him."

The time came. I said goodbye to Cam as she got into her car. She drove off. I looked at her. She didn't look at me. I didn't even ask her when she was coming back. Crap, I lost her.

About an hour after she left, I was sitting at home. I was sitting on my couch. A text message popped up on my phone.

//NEW MESSAGE//(1)
Unknown:
Till death due us part, that's what you said right?

Rebecca. Camilla. Car. It all adds up. Shit, she's after Camilla. I began calling Camilla non-stop. Trying to get her off of the road. I know what Rebecca is capable of and this is it. She'd do it. I'm panicking. My hands are sweaty. I got to stop her. I grab my motorbike helmet and slam my front door open until-

"BREAKING NEWS! Just now witnesses have reported a crash down the main high street. A young girl by the name of 'Camilla Clarkson' has crashed into the side of the road unexpectedly. No traces of alcohol or drugs were found in the victim. She is currently being sent to a hospital up north, figuring that that was her final destination. She only has a matter of minutes to live after severe head trauma and several broken bones-"