happy never after

WARNING!!!
If you are get offended about religion easily please don't read this chapter!!! Evan gets drunk and says some stuff he probably doesn't mean, so please don't rant at me or whatever.
-------------------------------------------------------

"Are you Evan?"
My eyes blinked open to see a girl with thick brown hair staring down at me. I jumped upwards to view my surroundings... I was in a dorm? And I was naked.

"Do you know where am I?"
I mumbled in my raspy morning voice.

"My and Camilla's dorm. You haven't been here before have you?"
The girl was sitting on the bed, next to me.

"Don't worry, Cam went for a shower, she'll be back."
She stood up and directed me to a pile of clothes lying on the floor.

"Those are yours. Don't worry, I won't look."

She turned around, shutting her eyes and covering them with her hands as if we were playing hide and seek. I sprinted to the pile or clothes like a fox, and slithered back into the bed putting everything on.

"You can turn around now."
The girl's hair was practically swallowing her whole head.

"Gem, is he awake yet?"
I heard Camilla screeching as she came in with her wet hair.
"I'll leave you too love-birds..."
The girl chuckled.
"Get out Gemma!"
Camilla shouted playfully, pushing giggling Gemma right out of the door.

After a few seconds of me looking at her she sighed.
"Nothing happened last night, for your information."
She muttered under her breathe.
"Good because I wouldn't have remembered it."

She laughed and got out her hair dryer.
"I have too much school work to catch up on."
She said faintly, not even turning to me.

"It's fine, I'll head home."
"But I have good news and bad news."
"Yeah?"
"Good news, Bruce moved to a town up north, so you won't have to deal with him anymore."
"Cool."
"Bad news is that I'm going there to study in a few days."

I walked home, thinking about how great last night was and how not so great today's news was. Then I thought about Rebecca. Oh god. I spent so many years trying to forget her yet I can't. I remember her devilish smile. And how she laughed during church, and how she had an obsession with Tim Burton films, and how every time she felt like partying she wore red lipstick.

Do I miss her? No.

I made my way to my record shop and then to my apartment. Coming in, I felt a cold breeze hit my face. Did I leave the window open? Coming into my kitchen, I closed the open window, sniffling and sneezing because of my hay-fever. Suddenly, the phone rang. I marched to my living room to pick it up. It was Josh. 17 missed calls.

"Josh?"
"Shit man, where have you been?"
"Out."
"With who?"
"Camilla."
"Clarkson?"
"Yeah. She's great."
"So... You guys finally slept together?"
"No."
"So I'm still winning this bet, thank god."
"Why did you call me 17 times?"
"Because we've been personally invited to a party. A Danny Dunker party."
"No way... So we get to?"
"Yeah... All access pass basically. To the pool, the extra drinks, the over-night rooms, and the smoking hot models he gets to come."
"How does he even know them?"
"Dude, his mom runs a teen modelling agency."
"Useful."
"So , see you there? At 9pm ."
"See you there Josh."

I smiled putting down the phone. Josh was practically still a child. I slumped myself down in the couch. Finally, some quality time to myself, when I can watch television non-stop.
The pleasures of adulthood. As I press the ON button on the TV remote, I'm horrified.

"Hold me." said Kim Boggs
"I can't..." replied Edward Scissor-Hands.

I pressed the DVD player button repeatedly, but the movie wouldn't stop. It eventually froze on one scene.

"I'm not finished." Edward Scissor-Hands said repeatedly. Again and again.
I'm not finished
I'm not finished
I'm not finished

I stared at the TV in horror. I don't have any Tim Burton movies.

It was 9pm. I was making my way to Danny Dunker's house with the phrase 'I'm not finished' haunting me.

"Evan!"

I heard Josh's voice scream at me as I parked my motorbike next to the house, which looked like it was going to burst at any second.
"This is the life!"

Josh shouted, surrounded by girls. They were following him like tigers hunting for their prey. I laughed as I watched Josh shower these girls in neon paint.
"Dude, check this out!"

He ran into the house, I followed him. Stumbling up the stairs, we made it to the 4th floor. By this point, all the girls that surrounded him earlier were scattered across the household. We reached the last room at the end of the corridor.

"Look at this fancy shit Evan, you got a balcony."
He slammed open a door that led to what I suppose was my bedroom for the night. A beautifully laid out room with a fantastic balcony view featuring the whole town.
"It's amazing."
Josh chuckled,
"Oh yeah it is."

It's been 3 hours. I've been partying, drinking, smoking. It's been great. I walked up to the kitchen counter, where all the drinks were kept. Reaching for one, I realised someone else was too. I looked over at them. It was a girl. She had lovely hazelnut hair, large blue eyes and vibrant red lipstick on. I paused. She swiftly grabbed the drink and ran off, chuckling. I missed something. I turned around to see the crowd. I didn't notice it. How could I not notice it?
Every girl in the room was wearing red lipstick.
I practically crawled my way to Josh, who was smoking outside.
"Why the hell are all the girls wearing red lipstick?"
"Danny said it was a party theme or some crap like that."

I stood next to him, dazed. I could barely think clearly. As much as I wanted to lie down, I also wanted to run. I felt like I had so much energy in me that it was weighing me down. My thoughts were heavy on my mind.
"Josh I'm gonna run."
"What?"
I began to jog away from him.
"Where the hell are you going?"
"I don't know."

I began to run. It felt amazing as the wind gushed through my greasy hair. It was cold, but I was hot. After running a couple of blocks, I stopped for a rest break. I was in a public neighbourhood. No benches. I couldn't sit on the ground, it was covered in mud. Or I just hallucinated that. I don't know.

I stumbled through the doors of an open church. The moon light was softly landing on my skin through the tinted windows of God and how he looked after his people.

No one was there. I could voice my opinions.
"God is BULLSHIT!"
I screamed.
"LEARN SOME SCIENE MOTHER FUCKERS!"
Laughing, I sat myself down on a bench. It was so quiet and peaceful there. Maybe that's why people go to church. To be alone.

I just heard someone chuckle. And it wasn't me.