Zero day- plot summary

* warning- spoiler alert

When Addie Webster, the daughter of a successful politician, was kidnapped, Darrow, Addie's childhood best friend, and the rest of the world went into mourning. But now, 8 whole years later, when her father becomes president of the United States, she returns, but with a mission to be fulfilled.

In a nutshell, Addie's mission was to bring a terrifying, powerful program, stolen from her mother, to her foster father, who was a part of the group that kidnapped Addie. As secretive as Addie attempts to be about her intentions of resurfacing, some people are still suspicious of her and are determined to find the truth. Darrow, ignorant of  Addie's intentions, was threatened and forced to spy on Addie by a national secrete advisor. As Darrow slowly unfolds the truth, he realizes Addie is in grave danger and is determined to keep her safe.

While Addie's foster father urges Addie to retrieve the program, Addie comes to realize her foster father's real face. Although attempting to trick her foster father, Addie fails and is forced to give up the program. However, with Darrow's help, she retrieves back the program and returns it to its rightful place.