Chapter 1

He smiled at me and I smile back. Why does he do that to me? Ugr! Why can't I keep Grant Ward out of my head! Even when I'm trying to sleep I can't get him out of my head!

I sit up in my bed and look out the window at the clouds, my life has changed so much in the past two years.

I hated Shield, now I am Shield, I never had an idea about my parents, now I know my parents and they aren't the best people ever.

I just want to be back at Shield and see the rest of my team, which includes Ward because he is my team and I miss my team. I hate missions I go out on my own with just AC and May! Because I feel the most comfortable with my team and my S.O.

I wonder what they have been up too lately? Probably playing pranks on Fitz, because for some reason they love doing that! I never understood why.

I lay back in my bed and look at the ceiling, my mind runs back to Ward. He always comes to me when I don't want him too. It's crazy but I miss him, I haven't seen him in like three weeks and I miss him.

I roll on my side and pick up my phone that I left on my bedside table, I grab it and roll back to my back. It's 2:31am and I know I should be sleeping but I can't. I pull up my conversation with Ward, we had texted once or twice since I left but not too much, we talked about how he was bored without anyone to train and I said that I missed how he he trained me. Because May was training me well I was gone.

I want to call him, but I can't bring myself to hit the call button. Even if I called him he probably wouldn't answer, I will see him tomorrow! Why can't I just wait till tomorrow?!

I hit the call button and it starts ringing, I don't know if I really want him to answer but I just feel like I need to talk to him.

"Skye?" He says, he sounds tired. "Are you alright?"

I don't answer for a second. I called him! Why did I call him?!

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep." I tell him.

"Okay, what's wrong?" He asks. He knows something is wrong.

"Truth?" I say.

"I would appreciate it." He says.

"I was thinking about Cal." I admit to him. It's actually kinda true but I'm not saying that I miss him!

He goes silent for a moment.

"Sorry." He says. "I wish I could be there."

"No, it's okay. I just needed to talk to you. I admit to him. "Sorry if I woke you up."

"It's okay that you woke me up and I was thinking about you this morning too." He says. He was thinking about me too!

"How is everything back there?" I ask him.

"It's actually quiet. Well of course it is now because it's late but yeah." He says.

"That's weird, it's always loud there." I tell him.

"Yeah! I think you make it loud." He says.

"Is that supposed to be mean or nice?" I ask him.

"Nice! I miss you Skye, it's so weird not having you here!" He says.

Wait he misses me too?!

"I miss you too Ward." I tell him.

We talked for a little bit then hung up and I fall  asleep the minute after. . .