Twd 2 the walking dead fan fic

Adrenaline pumping, I reached my hand down to the holster. I pulled out the glock and thumbed the safety down. My finger pulled the trigger before the walker could take a chunk out of Ashley's arm. She sat there, hyperventilating from the chaos that just unfolded. She got out of the car, her face smeared with shock. She inched towards me and held her arms out. I stepped towards her, hugging her so tightly. The aftermath of what happened finally hit me. I bawled into her shoulder and she did the same. Ashley backed away and crept to the back of the jeep. Her one brother, Jonathan, was the only brother who survived. He was only 6 years old. The only reason he survived, is because the biters were too busy feeding on his other two brothers. Jonathan jumped out of the car and wrapped his arms around Ashley. They both wept nonstop for 5 minutes. They backed away from the jeep and looked at me. I knew what had to be done. They stayed their distance as I lifted their brothers out of the back of the car. The oldest of the 2, Justin, let out a groan. His eyes glazed and as grey as the moon. His face glowed white. I loaded my crossbow and finished him off. Her other brother, Nathan, had so much flesh taken out of him there was no need to shoot an arrow through him. I went into the gas station and grabbed as many paper towels and cleaning sprays as I could. I cleaned the backseat and re-secured the supplies. Ashley took the front seat and Jonathan settled in the middle seat in the back. The gas tank on the jeep was full because I had siphoned gas from an overturned car. Driving through once-busy roads was impossible. The wreckage filled the streets. Cars were flipped over, wrecks still visible, and demolition scattered throughout every road traveled. I decided to take smaller roads, to have more luck with not getting stuck, which worked. Few cars were on the road and very little signs of walkers crosses our paths. I kept at a 40 mph speed, to avoid hitting vehicles, but to avoid a walker attaching itself to the car. A green sign reading "Alabama" came into view. We were almost to Florida. I knew it'd be a small chance to find my family alive, but it's worth a shot. I remembered how they had a home in Georgia as well, which they retreated to in the summer. It was just outside Atlanta. I wasn't really too sure what to do. It was summer after all, what if they're not in Florida? They usually stayed in Georgia till the end of August and it's still July. I talked it over with Ashley and she suggested heading to Atlanta, so that's what we did. We spent our nights in the jeep, each one of us keeping watch. When it was my turn to keep watch I just drove, to cover more ground. We came to the city of Douglasville, which was very close to Atlanta. The city my aunt and uncles resided at was Conyers, which rested on the other side of Atlanta. When we got 3 miles outside of Douglasville the gas meter was resting over E. We made out with many vehicles that were pulled to the side of the road. We pulled over and inspected the cars. I drew my katana out, ready for danger. I peeked in the cars to find they were empty. There was a Prius that still had the keys resting in the ignition. I twisted the keys to see the Prius had a full tank. I had gotten pretty good at siphoning gas, due to the multiple times I've done it. There were some painkillers in the glove compartment and a box of cigarettes. I've never smoked before, but times were stressful, and I thought what the hell, why not. I took the lighter sitting in the cup holder and lit one. I inhaled the smoke and shut my eyes. All my stress seemed to melt away. I put the box of cigarettes in my pocket and wanted to save them for when I truly needed them. I finished the last of the cigarette and put it out with the bottom of my boot. My combat boots that I wore everywhere, with anything. Clad in torn jeans and a white tank top, I was a mess. I had a change of shorts in the car but at nights it got nippy. I retuned to the jeep, which was now reenergized with gas. We drove for what seemed endless amounts of miles. We creeped into the eye of Atlanta. Passing several skyscrapers, the city gave off an eery vibe. We kept closing in on the city when we took a left to come face to face with a hoard of walkers, waiting for dinner.