Chapter 6

That night was the first night in a good while I had a peaceful sleep. I woke the next morning feeling like my old self before all the Zayn drama, and Harry seemed really happy in my mood change. I walked downstairs for breakfast, grabbing a piece of bread and popping it in the toaster. It came out a few minutes later, me immediately putting it on a plate and spreading butter on the top. A few seconds later I heard someone walking down the stairs and sit down in one of the stools by the counter.

          “Harry!” I called out excitedly, wrapping him in a hug as my excited mood was still strong as ever.

          “Um, hi? Why are you so happy?” Harry asked, giving me a strange look.

          “Just am.” I replied, turning my attention back to my breakfast. I sat down on the stool next to Harry, slightly jumpy.

          “The lads and Perrie are all having dinner over tonight. They invited themselves over figuring I was the only one who wouldn’t burn the house down making something edible.” My smile dropped at the mention of Perrie. I really didn’t want to deal with her and Zayn right now, or ever for that matter. They were always so open with their affection, completely oblivious to anyone else in the room, much to my displeasure.

          Harry, noticing my unhappiness, put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. “They’re only staying for dinner, ok?”

          I knew it was only for dinner, but every time I saw Zayn and Perrie together it broke me even more. I nodded. Harry removed his hand from my shoulder and went over to make himself something to eat, leaving me with a feeling of loneliness.

           The dinner came sooner than I had hoped. Zayn and Perrie decided to come half an hour sooner than they were originally supposed to, being more affectionate that usual I might add. They were constantly touching each other and kept kissing and whispering into each other’s ears. That’s not what hurt me the most, though. What was the worst was the smile on Zayn’s face whenever he was near her. He looked happier than ever, his smile as wide as I had ever seen it. They were just so in love, and it made me want to tear them apart.

          Soon enough the other boys arrived and I at least had a distraction from the love show in front of me. Once they arrived we all went into the kitchen to start eating, as the food was probably cold by now.

          “I just made pasta because I really can’t cook.” Harry said and put a huge plate of pasta with tomato sauce in the center of the table.

          It looked way better than anything I could make, even though Harry said it was terrible.

          “Well its better than anything I could make.” Zayn spoke out, causing a loud laugh from Perrie. “Oh my gosh remember when you tried to make me brownies as a surprise and ended up burning them? The whole house smelled like smoke for the whole day!” Zayn sent a playful glare towards Perrie, being replied with a quick kiss on the lips.

          “Well at least I tried.” Zayn said, Perrie shrugging in response. I sat there watching them, wishing that I was in Perrie’s place, even though I knew that would never happen.

          Harry must have noticed my gaze because he gently squeezed my knee from under the table. I immediately looked away from the happy couple, thinking that if Harry noticed than there was at least a chance that Liam and Zayn, who could read me like an open book for the most part, would notice as well.

          I picked at my dinner, suddenly losing my previous appetite. “Remember that, Louis?” Liam called out, breaking me from my trance. “What?” I had no idea what he had said, as i I gotten lost in my thoughts like I did quite often.