Requested!

This is a one shot with Dex and Fitz! I'm wondering how you guys would like it.

The person who wanted this wanted to stay anonymous, so I won't say their name, but congratulations! You had the courage to ask me for a same-gender one shot, and I know it's hard if someone doesn't accept you.

If you're uncomfortable with the idea of two gay people, then please don't read this chapter, and if you do, please don't leave any rude comments and such.

I tried to make this as good as I could. 😞

Enjoy!

Fitz bounded up to Dex and grinned, poking him on the shoulder. He immediately dropped all his things and went into self-defense mode on instinct.

Dex whipped around, scowling when he saw the older boy cracking up on the floor.

Fitz stood up, controlling himself, and wiped a tear from his eye.

"Oh, you should have seen your face!"

Dex glared at him.

"And now I'm late for class."

Fitz waved it away.

"The teachers will probably let you go."

"Easy for you to say, Wonderboy," Dex muttered as he clutched his books, walking to his next class.

At lunch, the whole gang sat at one table, Dex sitting as far off from Fitz as he could. Fitz frowned when he noticed this.

Before he could ask about it though, Stina came sashaying over to where they all sat and addressed Tam and Linh.

"You two are new, right?"

While Tam just ignored Stina after a dismissive glance at her, Linh smiled tentatively and answered with a small, polite, "Yeah."

Stina, obviously happy that she had gotten a response, smirked.

"Do you want me to tell you a thing or two about the group you're sitting with, prodigy?"

Linh now looked downright terrified.

"Uhm..."

Stina perched herself onto the corner of the table, next to Sophie, and Sophie leaned away from her and into Keefe's side.

Stina sniggered at Linh's expression.

"You know, Foster over here almost set the school on fire once. And her lover here is the spawn of the bad guys."

Sophie glared up at Stina, her face beet red.

"They know that," she grit out. "And call Keefe that one more time I'll go the human way and beat your sorry a-"

Keefe's eyes widened, and he covered Sophie's mouth to keep her from finishing that sentence.

Stina glanced down at Sophie, her expression bored and uninterested.

"You're still with them, huh? You really want them all to get killed because of you?"

Keefe sneered at her and put his arm around Sophie, and Dex looked up at the smirking girl in disgust.

"Lay off my cousin," he spit out at her.

Stina rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"You think that being friends with the freak and the Vackers is going to help raise your social value? You're still the lowly spawn of a bad match."

Dex opened his mouth, but no sound came out and he looked to the ground, biting his lip so hard that Fitz thought he saw blood.

Fitz stood up.