Chapter Eleven (Part two): Let me in

Strange thing about dolphins, I'm kidding there isn't anything strange about them, they are adorable. Suffice to say I had an excellent time swimming with them. They looked as if they were smiling back at me. Of course Adrian thought that was ridiculous because dolphins can't smile, but I know a smiling dolphin when I see one. Sort of. 

We had to be taken deeper into the ocean where the dolphins were known to reside. I was nervous at first, deep water had the tendency of making me a little shaky but Adrian kept reassuring me to the point where it got annoying. 

"OKAY ADRIAN," I yelled at him, he just put his hands up in defense. 

"Just making sure you don't kill yourself." Geez, thanks. 

We had to wait for the dolphins to show up, of course you can't make them stay at one place. But when we saw a couple of them heading our way, the man in charge gave us a few tips before we were into the water. It was scary at first, I'll admit. I probably would have died of a panic attack if Adrian wasn't there next to me. Eventually it got fun. I also ended up holding the dolphin's fin as she took me with her, with Adrian following closely behind. 

At one point I felt guilty because I felt Adrian didn't have as much fun as he could have since he spent most of the time making sure I had fun. Which was surprisingly sweet of him, I should add. But he insisted watching me squirm was the best part. 

Asshole.

We also ended up taking pictures with the dolphins, I also kissed one! They are such friendly creatures, I still love pandas more though. Sorry not sorry. We strolled on the beach afterwards, as the sun set. Everything about this place was so natural, so fresh, so good. Something told me I would be thinking about this trip long after it had ended. Adrian had tried to recover from the whole situation at the house. It still drove me insane why he was so afraid to give us a chance. 

He wanted to, I could see that he did. The brief connection that we had made, it was something different, something I hadn't experienced before. We needed to develop an understanding between us, if we were going to live together for the rest of our lives it needs to happen. 

 "So what do you want to do next?" Adrian said after we were done walking around the beach for the second time. I needed to get him to talk to me. I needed him to open up. I wrapped my shawl tighter before replying. 

"How about pizza and a movie?" I knew he couldn't say no to a movie, and I can't say no to pizza. This should be a win for the both of us. He nodded with a small sounds good under his breath. 

It's the small things I've seen, that make you fall in love with someone. The way their eyes meet when they genuinely smile, the shake of their head while they narrow their eyes and the way they walk effortlessly with confidence but panic at the slightest issue. I smiled at the memory of Adrian kneeling down next to me when I scraped my feet. 

Love. love? 

I stopped suddenly in realization. I loved him? Could I really? It's just your hormones, mixed with the fact that he is hot. Yeah, just that. 

A voice kicked in my head, would it be that bad if I did love him, though? I mean I am stuck with him for the rest of my life? 

- - - 

"I'd like to place an order please," Adrian said on the phone while I sat opposite him cross legged. I was so hungry I felt like my stomach would explode. To think that the last thing I ate were those pancakes.

My stomach grumbled at the thought at which Adrian smiled mischievously. I grew red.

"Yes, that's the address, absolutely correct," Adrian paused.

He looked so relaxed and carefree, I preferred him like this.

"Yes, a large stuffed crust. Make one half with spinach and ricotta and the other half," he put his hand over the phone looking questioningly at me.

"Plain cheese," I responded reflexively. He raised an eyebrow at me but confirmed the order anyway.

"Alright, thanks so much.." I just waited for him to end. I could almost smell the pizza. And the cheese. The cheese.

"Plain cheese? Really?" Adrian questioned, ending the call and placing his cell phone on the bedside table.

"Says the guy who orders SPINACH on pizza," I gagged.

"How would you know it tastes bad when you've never tried it?" He insisted, shaking his head.

"Oh I don't know maybe because it's SPINACH?" I pointed to my mouth pretending to throw up.

"Judgemental," he scoffed.

"You're the one to speak," I smirked at him.

"Makes me wonder what else I don't know about your weird brain," he said, almost to himself.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow!" I responded cheekily. His eyes lit up at my remark.

"You watch Game Of Thrones?" He was now sitting up straight on the bed, mimicking my posture.

"Have I been living under a rock? OF COURSE I DO!" I grinned from ear to ear, "I'm surprised you have time at all though."

"Oh no, Sunday is the one day I don't work. Not even from home. Sunday is my day," his grey eyes gleamed from excitement. Adrian was so childlike, I thought to myself, be it anger or love he couldn't hide either.

"Let's play 21 questions," I suggested, he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Only if your first question isn't going to be how many women I've dated," Dang it.

"Ugh, fine." I rolled my eyes at him, my schemes couldn't be that transparent could they?

"You go first," he offered. What did I want to ask Adrian the most? I decided to start with the easier ones and build up to the more intense questions.

"Favourite colour?" He just shook his head as if he were expecting me to ask him his biggest secret.

"You're kidding," I stared at him with a bored look.

"Brown," he said finally with a duh tone.

"Ah, like the tree trunks?" I added.

"Like your eyes," he finished with a shrug. My heart stopped beating for a second. I wanted to jump and grin and scream but I just sat there with a small polite smile.

"Books or movies?" He asked relaxing back with his head resting on the pillow, his head still at the same level as me.

"Ah, that's a difficult one," I thought about it. I loved them both so much it hurt.

"Impossible choice, but I'll have to say books. The characters that you can imagine in your head, I feel, play the story way better than any already existing person," I finished, he looked speechless, a smile small playing at his lips.

"Never thought of it like that," he murmured.

"Okay my turn," I paused to think. I already knew he preferred movies given his huge collection. What to ask you Adrian?

"Have you ever been in love?" I said finally, regretting the words the second they left my lips. His expression grew still for a minute.

"I thought we weren't asking those kind of questions," he said looking away from my face. He tried to cough a laugh but I was not persuaded.

"Why not?" I knew I was going down a dangerous path but I needed to know. Specially after my recent discoveries, if I was going to fall in love with him, I needed to know. Not that I had a choice in the matter.

"Because," he got out of bed, "it's just not." He started to walk away.

"That's not fair, Adrian." I started off, "I deserve to know, I don't know whether you have noticed but we are married!" Adrian had stopped dead in his tracks.

"Just stop alright?" He yelled, I almost lost my breathing, as tears welled up in my eyes.

"I know who I am married to," he continued to speak, his voice louder than thunder.

"And I need you to let the damn thing go!" His eyes were getting streaky with the blood pumping harder.

I couldn't look at him, "You can't keep doing this to me." My voice was unrecognisable, too low for even me to decipher.

"Bella," he moved towards me. But I was already out of the bed moving towards the balcony.

"You can't kiss me like you do one day and then expect me to not have any questions." Tears rolled down my cheek, I just couldn't help it.

"I'm not one of your employees, Mr. Adrian Darkwood. I am your wife." I told him, "Keep your secrets to yourself, I am done trying."

I walked out to the balcony closing the doors behind me. I am glad Adrian didn't try following me, who was I kidding, why would he even want to? Cara was still something to him, it was clear. No one gets touchy over a deep buried ex, the wound was clearly fresh.

I don't remember the last time I cried this bad. Probably, the time when Mom and Dad passed away. It felt like a shield had been broken and suddenly I was under everyone's microscope.

This time was different, I felt vulnerable, I felt scared. I couldn't be in love with him, I can't be. This will destroy me, he will destroy me if it's the last thing he does.

I curled up on one of the beach chairs with a thin shawl wrapped around me. I cried to the point where my tears gave up on me, my eyes were too dry, my mascara probably all over my face.

I missed Lucas, I needed one of his power hugs right now. I wish I could call him, I could tell him everything. But like me he was a hot head, he would probably just barge in punch Adrian, get punched and drag me out with him.

I heard the sound of the door opening but I didn't say a word. I didn't even shift myself to show I was aware of his movements.

"Pizza's here?" Adrian told me, his voice dripping with guilt. I didn't respond, my voice was stuck in my throat.

"Bella, I know I shouldn't have yelled at you," he began, I just lay there ignoring his every word.

"I think I should take up apologising as a part time career as I sure as hell end up doing that a lot," he feigned a laugh. I was not amused.

"Hey, listen," he stroked my back, I breathed out a tear rolling down my cheek. Don't make this hard for me, Adrian, please.

"Ask me," he reluctantly said, "anything you want, I'm yours."

Are you?

"Bella, you're killing me," he whined. He sighed loudly, my gaze was fixed on a far off star somewhere.

"Say something," his voice saddened. Was I even upset with him? Or just myself for loving him? Or Cara for ruining everything for me before it even started?

"How about this, tomorrow we can go to this beautiful restaurant. It's on the rooftop and the view it breathtaking."

"Is that where you took her too?" I know I was being bitter and it was probably uncalled for but I couldn't help it.

"Now see, you're trying to provoke me," he poked me in the rib.

He stood up as if he was addressing the people of The Bahamas before he spoke.

"But I am a changed man, believe it or not the past twenty minutes with the cheese pizza looking at me has shifted something in me," he laughed. I closed my eyes, taking in every bit of his laughter.

"Oh come on," he said finally. "Don't be so difficult, darling?"

"Fine, dinner it is." I said, getting up from my chair.

"Better bring your A game," I told him as I folded away the shawl.

"It's a date," he winked.  

A/N: 

Helloo, here's the second part to the chapter. I'm going on vacation for a month so the next one might be a few weeks, don't hate me guys. I swear I will write every chance I get. Thank you so much for your support, be sure to follow me and put this story in your library and reading list! You know you love them. ;) 

BlackWriter