Author's note

Hi guys!

....
....
....

This is my first time writing a note before a story. Heck, it's even a first for me to a one-shot, but the idea just popped in my head while I was waking up and I was like: "Man, I have to write that."

Basically, it's a crossover between One Piece and Naruto, inspired by the friendship between their respective authors, Eichiiro Oda and Masashi Kishimoto. To be precise, I was inspired by Oda's hidden message in One Piece's chapter 766 intitled "smile".

Some of you must have heard of that message. But I'm going to explain it for those who haven't.

The 766th chapter of the anime has been released the same day Naruto's last chapter has been released. Speaking of that chapter, all my fellows narutards remember seeing the strawhats' Jolly Roger on Naruto's face carved in the Hokage's mountain.

If this was the proof of a certain friendship between the two mangaka, Oda brought it to another level.

Take a look at the cover.

First detail that catches eyes, the One Piece logo! The usual crane is replaced by the symbol of Konoha and you can even see Naruto standing instead of Luffy

First detail that catches eyes, the One Piece logo! The usual crane is replaced by the symbol of Konoha and you can even see Naruto standing instead of Luffy. Futhermore, you can't miss the shuriken on the "E".

Second detail, Nami's cloth! She's wearing a black dress with red symbols that remind us of the Akatsuki. And the symbol is, once more, that of Konoha.

Third detail, the fox beside Nami! Seeing that fox sure reminds us of a certain fox with nine-tailed which played an important role throughout Naruto. The fox is eating ramen and there was a fish cake drawn on his cloth. And if you guys remember, the japanese word for fish cake is Narutomaki, or Naruto for short.