Chapter Twenty Four: Into the Darkness

~Faith's POV~

Black. The darkest color. The absence of color. All color being absorbed to create a void of where all color is being shone upon.
An empty, dark, void.
Darkness is a common fear, but no one really fears the dark itself, they fear what could be lurking in it. The possibility that a vampire could sink it's fangs in and drain your carotid artery. The chance of getting shot by a serial killer.

Or just being completely, and utterly alone.

Dead silence in a pitch black room. No where to go. Nothing to see. No one could hear you if you screamed. Absolutely nothing. That's how it feels being stuck inside your head. Stuck in my own mind with nothing but my thoughts, and that's never a good thing.

Completely and utterly alone.

Sometimes we question the choices that take us to the places we end up. How did we get to where we are? Could I have done anything to avoid this? How did I end up like this? I've never found myself in a situation where I've had that feeling. A feeling of not knowing where you are, what's going on, or how you got to that point. Of course, that was until now.

Maybe it was all a dream. You'd wake up in the morning and it was all just a very bad dream. An illusion per-say. That feeling of being trapped inside your head was just a big nightmare that you eventually woke up from.

However, this was not the case.

As hard as I try, I can't open my eyes. I can't escape. I can't move. It's impossible; Struggling to hold on to the bit of sanity you have left feels hopeless because you're going to be caught in the darkness forever. It's like continuously wandering without finding light at the end of the tunnel. Aimlessly shooting at a target and hoping for a bullseye.

I can feel myself being lifted up. My limp body flopping with every step. What's going on? Who's holding me? I try to peel my eyes open, but they're so heavy that I just continue to stare into darkness. I try to flail around and move, but I just lie there. I try to scream, but my mouth is dry and scruffy. Please, someone hear me. Please... Please? My lips don't move, and nothing comes out.

I can hear people talking in the background. Though it's not coherent, they're there. Maybe they'd help me. Mumbles are thrown around what I assume is a room. For all I know, I'm in the back of an alleyway, and these voices are literally going to be the death of me. The voices sound like they're arguing. If I focus, maybe I can tell what they're saying or who they are.

"What..."

"...just as much as you..."

"...my sister..."

"...maybe she..."

"...You mean to say...

"...couldn't of..."

"...is all your fault..."

"...Well..."

"...could've had something to do with..."

"...Maybe it was him, I mean he..."

"...Why would he..."

Only bit and pieces of sentences were audible, but I tried to put the puzzle pieces together.

It's silent now. And that's what scares me the most.

Liquid drizzled down my forehead and slowly dripped from my eyebrow before a cold cloth was draped onto my forehead. One of my hands was enveloped in warmth and I couldn't help, but wonder why this person, or people are taking care of me. Did something happen? Do I look like I need help. How long has this been going on? I can't keep track of time and it's felt like days have gone by.

"Please be okay." A voice whispers. Trembling lips pressed themselves against the hand that was being held. A moment later my hand was untouched completely and I felt alone again.

It was silent, dark, and I was alone.

***

Images flash in my head. Dancing. A tree on the edge of a house. A dark, brick wall. The stars twinkling through the night. Then black.

"She still hasn't woken up?"

"No." The seemingly male voice sighed. "I've been up all night watching her."

I can feel the pulse of blood pumping through my head. A sting is very prominent on one point of my forehead and it's hard to think.

Then I can see light. A bunch of it. It floods into my eyes, blinding me, and I clench my eyes shut again. A freezing hand rests itself on my cheek and a voice repeats my name. Lifting my hand to rest on the one laying on my cheek, I open my eyes again and look to see who's connected to it.