"It's just.. I haven't seen her in a while that's all"

"Define while?" Her brow raises.

"3 years"

"So you knew her before you were famous?"

I nod.

I left when I was 18. Was with DNAC for two years and now I'm here.

"How did you know her?"

I'm starting to get tired of this game of twenty one questions and also I specifically don't want to answer this one since her suspicion is already raised,  so I walk over to her.

"Look at me, none of this matters" I say grabbing her cheeks with my hand and squeezing make her lips pucker out.

"How did you know her?" She mumbles out through my  hand.

I sigh and release her face "We were friends". I lied, we were much much more than friends. Even though only the two of us knew because I forced us to hide our relationship. I grimace at the thought of that.

She grabs my hips and pulls me into her with a saddened expression "Im sorry I'm like this Mani. I just don't want to lose you" she sighs "and you know what I went thr-"

I cut her off by placing my finger over her lips "You don't have to explain Lo, I understand" I removed my finger and placed a long wet kiss on her lips "I'm yours. I need you to trust that. Now let's finish getting ready so we can kill this performance"

//

As we performed I looked for her in the audience. I don't know why, maybe I just wanted to see if she was enjoying it.

Maybe I wanted to see if she still looked at me the way she used to.

After alot of scanning by the time I got to my second verse I spotted her. She's intently watching me forcing me to do the same back at her.

She's looking at me the way she did when she would stare at me across the classroom yearning for my attention in public, which I never gave to her. She's looking at me the way she would when I danced in the empty studio after hours and she stayed behind to watch. She's looking at me like she would when we snuck out late and went back to her house to cuddle for a while since her mother worked the night shift.

I'm not even sure she knows Lauren is on the stage. I'm not even sure I know Lauren is on the stage.

"No teasing, you've waited long enough. Go deep imma throw it at ya, can you catch it?"

I didn't even notice I was singing to her until I saw a smirk written across her face. I disconnect my eyes almost immediately feeling washed with guilt.

My verse ended and Lauren starts to sing hers, making her way towards me. She has a determined look in her eyes.

'Uhh ohh' I hope she didn't notice.

She reaches me and instantly I am spun around so that my backside is against her front. The audience goes absolutely crazy.

"Baby strip down for me go on em off, do worry baby imma meet you half way cause I know you wanna see me" she sings as we sway back and forth.

I bite my lip trying my hardest to fight the urge to look at zendaya for her reaction.

What's wrong with me? Why is she still on my mind?

"Almost there (uh huh), so baby don't stop what you doing" as I sung I grabbed her hand and slid down her front side, being sure to push my ass back into her as I slowly slid back up. Why not give the best performance of the night right?