Family meeting

Thank you so much @leedlelawliet for the helpful comment! I hope this is a better first chapter, I certainly think so! I'm remaking chapter 1 but before anyone gets upset about chapter two not being up yet... I'm uploading it with this chapter! I will have it up by the end of the day, Promise!!!!

I was sitting in North's lap as we all sat down somewhere in the living room. Silas sat next to me, and Victor was on my other side.

Luke was on the floor on his stomach. He had his eyes closed and his head on his arms. He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before because of a mission. He just got back a few hours ago.

Gabriel was siting on a bean bag that was on pretty much on the other side of the room, and was complaining about 'not being able to be closer to trouble.' His exact words.

Sean was watching Gabriel with an amused smile and his arms behind his head. He looked like he was really enjoying himself.

Kota was talking to Nathan about some mission that they had just been on. All I knew about it was that Gabriel was not happy about all the makeup he had to do and how little time he had...

Owen was standing in the front of the room with his hands behind his back and a millimeter smile on his face. He looked.... Content.

It had been a year since we finished at Ashley Waters and I was now a part of the Academy but- as I learned- you still don't always know about what your family's other missions are about.

It was our next big mission as a group and Owen was telling us what it was. All I knew was that it was another school thing.

"Alright. So as many of you know," Owen looked at me when he said this and I blushed and looked down. I may have told everyone that it a school mission when I wasn't supposed to tell anyone else...

Everyone quieted down and turned to look at Owen as he had started speaking. Luke had picked his head up and it was now propped against his hand, but his eyes were still closed. Owen noticed but didn't say anything. He knew how tired he was.

"We are going to be doing another mission that involves a school. But as none of you know, the location is in Illinois. In fact it is at Sang's old school. You will all be enrolled there as Seniors as Sean will be the school nurse. I will be the music teacher."

My whole body had frozen when he said my old school. What if I see Matt? What if I see- No! Don't think about him. He's not someone to be in my memories.

Everyone was looking at me when I came out of my thoughts. Had someone asked me something?

I couldn't see North but Silas and Victor both a shock and a slight bit of worry in their eyes. Had I done something?

Luke's eyes were now open and staring at me. His eyes mirrored everyone else's. Shock and worry but his also held tiredness.

"Sang, are you alright?" Owen asked me and my eyes snapped to him. I plastered on a smile but I knew that he saw right through it. "Yes. Just a bit shocked." He gave me a 'We'll talk about this later' look.

Owen cleared his throat and continued talking. "Our mission is to keep the school safe. They have been having issues with security and problems in the neighborhoods surrounding the school so the school needs better security and we are the ones needed. We will be there until the crime and such clears up."

After everyone agreed and got over the initial shock of being so far away, we talked about home arrangements.

I looked over at Kota and saw him on his phone. He was probably texting his Mom. Out of all of the boys, Kota's Mom would probably be the most hesitant to let him go. Uncle would understand because he's academy but Charlie, Pam, and Erica, I didn't know how they would react.

We decided on just renting a house and all staying there. Owen and Victor were going to be the ones to pick and purchase the house.

Everyone decided to stay the night since we would have to start packing the next day. We would be gone for at least a month and we were leaving in a few weeks.

Gabriel was ecstatic to be able to shop in a different state. "New styles." Was his reply when I asked why.

He then started panicking because he only had a few weeks to get everyone packed. We offered to help but he just shooed us away and ran into Nathan's room to start packing for him. I haven't seen him in a few hours. How long does it take to pack?

I never had much to bring with me so it took me less than an hour to pack everything when we moved. Wasn't he just packing clothes?

We all put on a movie and soon I fell asleep.