Chapter 19 ~ See Right Through You

Ashley

I knew something was up when I saw Andy having to be dragged to the stage as we were moments away from going on. Aaliyah was nowhere to be seen and it saddened me. I knew something was going on, both Andy and she were in odd, silent moods ever sense that stupid dares.

Kellin and the rest of Sleeping With Sirens dare not come near, knowing that I wouldn’t be all too pleasant even though I promised Ali I’d be civil about it, and forget. It was hard when Andy and Ali were off in their own worlds as I stayed here clueless in reality.

I was lost until I heard the guitars start up and I quickly caught up on ‘Shadows Die’. During the interval between ‘Wretched and Divine’ and ‘Overture’ I walked over back behind CC’s drum set and got a drink of water, turning off my headset and seeing Ali backstage smiling encouragingly at me.

I smiled, now knowing she was watching, safe, and content I could fully rock out.

After Jinxx’s solo I walked back and rocked out with Andy, Jake, and Jinxx; being my normal impractical self on stage.

After the show I ran back to Aaliyah and hugged her, my bass still on my shoulder but I didn’t care.

“Man I was worried.” I murmured into her lengthy brown hair.

She tucked her head on my shoulder. “About me? Why?”

“Because you were gone, I thought something bad happened. Then I saw Juliet pulling Andy… She seems on edge. Know why?” I ask.

She seemed a bit shocked and nervous. “No, I have no idea.”

Just by that reaction and terrible lie I knew that Andy and Ali had been acting awkward and Juliet had taken it as a threat that Ali was to take her boyfriend.  Fight or Flight human ways.

Ali wasn’t a very good fake- or to me she wasn’t. I could see right through her. I knew something between her and Biersack had happened, I was just uncertain what it was, and she was trying to hide it from me instead of confronting me.

I hoped she would have enough trust in me to tell me, and soon before something happened and it was too late.

I nod slowly, looking convincing and put my hand in hers and walk along with the guys and Juliet over to the lot, later today doing signings where I would take Ali with me. She had a whole fan-base of her own. People loved her and I together for some reason, but I couldn’t’ blame them; she was beautiful.

I only feared our future. I was deeply in love with Aaliyah and I didn’t want Andy to be chosen over me if she did have a thing for him.

I stole a glance at her and read the emotions crossing her face: fear, anxiety, nervousness, uncertainty, and one tiny sparkle of love in her eyes.

I put an arm around her as we walked up to the bus trying to comfort her.

We would make it past this, we had to.