Mate?{Ch.16}

I noticed that every worry I had went away as my whole body tingled and I found myself kissing him back leaning in trying to get more and more of him. I felt him smile, probably because I was kissing him back and he let out a little growl of satisfaction. I know I shouldn’t like it so much, not after all the pain he’s caused me but I can’t help myself. My mind is just mush right now.

I noticed I was running out of air and I pulled away, both of us panting.

Adrian frowned “Sorry…” He started.

“Shut-up” Was all I said grabbing the front of his tux and crashing his lips into mine again. The familiar smirk was back on his lips and I reluctantly pulled back before this ended in a way that would make my mom ashamed of me and bring my daddy after him with a gun.

I pulled away and looked at the ground blushing. “So…” He said letting out a rush of air. I didn’t lift my head “Look at me Monet” He said, but I didn’t. A second later I felt a hand gently lift my face up and I looked at right into his sparkling eyes and melted. “Monet, I know this is sudden but I think you can feel we are mates” He said softly and I knew he was right, all the signs pointed to it but I was too blind to see it. “So how about it, want to be my girl?” He said cheesily like from one of those old movies.

I laughed “Why yes, yes I will” I said and his smile got ten times bigger.

“Hell yeah!” He said giving a fist pump into the air and I laughed. He smiled and held out his hand “Let’s go back in there, I want to show off that I have to most beautiful girl in the whole world by my side” He said proudly.

“Awe, your to cute” I said leaning a bit on him.

He made face “Don’t call me that” He said and I laughed.

“Yeah, right” I said and he just smiled as we walked back into the building, the scent of sweat and hormones drifting through the air.

We walked through the crowd hand in hand getting wide eyes from everyone in sight. The first person we saw was Harley and my heart rate picked up. Oh god I practically stole my friends boyfriend.

Adrian must have picked up on it because he stopped and jerked my body to his. I felt him dig his face in my hair “Calm down, your making me jumpy” He said and I felt myself laugh and nod and we both pulled away walking to a now smirking Harley.

I looked down at the floor hoping she wouldn’t yell or scream.

“So did you get the balls to do it?” She asked and I looked at her in shock only to which she laughed “You didn’t think he came up with that plan alone did you?” She winked and I looked at the floor again embarrassed.

“Shut-up Harley” Adrian said and Harley just laughed and nudged me until I looked up.

“You’re welcome” Harley whispered.

I hit her in the arm “Shut-up”

“You might wanna go tell lover boy though” She said pointing and I looked and saw Jace staring.

Oh fricken perfect! I forgot about him!

I nodded and drug Adrian towards him ready to get it over with. We made it over to Jace who looked amused which confused me. I felt Adrian give my hand a squeeze “Um Jace, I’m kind of going out with Adrian” I said shyly.

I heard him laugh “I figured as much, but don’t think I’m giving up” He said and I lifted a brow.

I felt Adrian squeeze my hand and I could tell he wasn’t happy with that statement “You do know he’s my mate right?” I asked surprised how easy it came out of my mouth, and I felt Adrian relax a bit.