Hilarity

Rosanna's POV:

The walk back to Louis's flat was uneventful, mostly full of laughter and banter between the four of us, and generally getting to know each other better.  It was mainly me getting to know them, though, because I was still terrified of people finding out about my past.  We managed to get some shopping done as well, which meant we ate lunch out and didn't get back to his flat until around one in the afternoon.

Walking into the flat, we were met with an odd silence, as though the entire place was holding its breath.  Walking into the living room, I couldn't believe what my eyes were telling me.  All four of them were sitting, on their computers, in complete silence, without earbuds.  What are they looking at?  I wondered.  I sneaked up behind Harry, who happened to have his back to me, and glanced over his shoulder.  He was reading my book!  I crept back to the girls, who were waiting for me to report, and whispered.

"They're reading my book!"  All three of them did a silent happy dance, which I joined in on.  Then, we each crept up behind our boyfriend's, although since Louis and I were both single, I had to be behind him.  Then we counted down with our fingers:  Three, two, one.

"BOOOOOO!"  

We all jumped up and grabbed their shoulders, shaking them and screaming at the same time.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

They all screamed at a remarkably high pitch, somehow managing to harmonize at the same time, and jumped away from us, tossing their computers to the couches they were sitting on and curling up in balls on the floor, shaking.  We burst into laughter, vaulting up and over the backs of the couches and collapsing, holding our sides we were laughing so hard.  I had tears streaming down my cheeks I was laughing so much.  A blurred outline appeared in front of me, I couldn't see who it was from the tears in my eyes.

"You'll regret that, Ro."  Louis high-pitched voice reached my ears.  I just shook my head, unable to speak yet.  He lifted up my feet and sat down, retrieving his computer and setting it on top of my legs, which were in turn on top of his.  I recovered after another minute, as did the rest of the girls, and wiped my cheeks, not bothering to sit up.

"Do you guys like my book so far?"

They gaped at me.

"How did you know that's what we were doing?"  Niall asked me, a puzzled look on his face.

"I looked over Harry's shoulder before we scared you guys, duh."  I said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world, doing an imaginary hair flip over my shoulder.

"Hey, I'm the only Sassmaster around here!"  Louis whined, whacking my leg lightly.  I lifted my head and raised a perfectly poised eyebrow at him.

"If you guys agree with our brilliant plan, you are going to have ample time to learn that I am the Queen of all Sass, Louis Tomlinson, and you will have to bow before my brilliant comebacks."

I deadpanned, completely straight-faced, all the while holding my eyebrow in place, before laying my head back down.  I could hear everyone laughing, I myself was chuckling at the look of surprise that must be on his face.

"To answer your previous question, Rosie, I was very much enjoying your book before you so rudely interrupted us, but what plan are you talking about?"  Harry replied, deftly ending the sass-war that was beginning.  I swiveled my head to look at him, and then glanced around at the other girls, silently begging them to answer.  Jess took pity on me and did.

"Our brilliant plan was for Anna to live with one of us, that is, in one of our flats, until she can get her book published and producing profits, and then she can get her own place."

"I MET HER FIRST SO I GET DIBS!"  Louis screamed excitedly, almost bursting my eardrums from his close proximity.  I flinched away from him, I'm sure he felt my legs twitch, but I managed not to jump too badly like I had the first couple of times.  

"Plus, I don't want her to be traumatized by hearing one of you couples doing the dirty in the middle of the night, at least with me she'll be spared that."  He added with an air of finality.

"I suppose I can agree with that."  I said with a chuckle.  "Besides, if I live with one of you guys I'll feel like I'm constantly third-wheeling, and there's very few things that are worse than third-wheeling."

And just like that, the decision was made, and my new flat-mate was Louis Tomlinson.  We all went back to my hotel and they helped carry everything into a truck that they had rented on the spot.  Luckily, the only furniture I had brought with me were my bed frame, mattress and box-spring, and my old dresser that I had had forever, so it was only four boxes of clothing, three boxes of books, and another three of personal items from my home.  I checked out of the hotel, waving a jolly goodbye to the woman at the front desk.  We lugged everything into Louis' spare bedroom by dinner time, and then after dinner the boys all pitched in to build my bed frame for me, and lift the box-spring and mattress in place.  Once that was done, we all sat down on the floor in a giant circle, with the boxes in the middle and my pocketknife in my hand.

I rapidly cut them all open, and flipped the flaps up so that the innards were in full view.

"Let's do this."  I announced, digging into the first box.

A/N:  I'm sorry if this was kind of terrible, it's a little bit difficult to get back into the groove of story-writing once you've been away from it for a while.  So, here's the deal.  This story will be updated once a week, on Friday's, okay?  If I'm going to be away for a while I will probably write more, but the main schedule will be once a week, on Friday's.  I will alert you guys if there is going to be an abnormality.  Next chapter there will be a lot more of Ro's backstory, that will be fun to write, methinks.  Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments, and vote if you liked it!  Love you guys!