21

it's been a week since the "split" between Mako and Sakiko. He's been only focusing on his police work, and believe it or not, Cheif Beifong has been quite irritated with that.

"Listen, Mako, I'm happy that you're... y'know... focused on your job, but maybe you're too focused." Beifong sighed.

"What? How can someone be too focused? Isn't that a good thing?" Mako raised his brow. He was sitting at his desk, working on some new files.

Beifong placed her palms on the desk. "Listen, you need to go talk to your girlfriend. You're irritating the living soul outta me."

Mako sighed. "One, how am I irritating you? I haven't even been communicating with you all that much. And two... she's leaving republic city."

"You're irritating me by making me look at you... you're always, oh I don't know. But, you miss her and the way your trying to forget her is work. Sometimes, that's not all the good. You have to confront it."

"You didn't confront your problems before with suyin."

"Don't push it." Beifong crossed her arms. "Listen-"

"Cheif, I have been listening. Please, let me work?" Mako continued writing what he was before, but Beifong snatched the pen.

"Take the day off Mako." She placed the pen down on the desk.

Mako just stared at her, no expression, no words.

Beifong heavily sighed

"you like her very much, don't you?"

"I shouldn't. she's going to leave republic city with Riku." Mako looked down, his brows together in irritation.

"well, isn't she mostly just going with Ren?... Riku's just tagging along?" Beifong raised a brow. "She's really just leaving with her brother, she has no memory of her relationship with Riku."

"look, she might not if you tell her to stay with you. talk to her. don't just let her go, or you might lose her forever.... nothing stays forever." Beifong continued "I've learned that the hard way."

Mako held the bridge of his nose. "And what am I supposed to say to her? 'hey,'sorry I'm a fucken idiot, but don't leave with your only family. stay with me!""

"Well, don't say that." Beifong said. "Just... tell her what she wants to hear, but don't lie either."

Mako grinned.

"May I go Cheif?" Mako stood up.

Lin nodded, watching as Mako ran out of the building and on his way to Sakiko.

Sakiko was currently packing her belongings. She was planning on leaving in two days. Sakiko was beyond nervous. she was going back to where she was raised.

"I'm really going to miss you." Korra sighed, folding a piece of clothing and placing it in her suitcase.

Asami was also there, but she sat quietly on the couch. The only person Sakiko remembers is Korra.