"You smell nice," he licked his lips.

"Personal space," I snap.

Is he seriously going to act like yesterday never happened? That he didn't just humiliate me only hours ago?

He gave me a cocky smile and moved back slowly, but he still blocked my way.

"Excuse me."

"You look beautiful today," he said ignoring my request.

Beautiful? Beautiful? I'm not even wearing make-up. If anything I look like a naked mole rat, right now.

"Excuse me," I say more sternly.

He finally moves out of the way, and I try to make a quick escape. But he catches my arm and pulls me back.

"April, wait."

"What do you want?" I'm over it now.

Why can't he just let me be?

"I'm sorry about last night. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"Who said my feelings were hurt! Besides, I'm over it and over y'all. So if whatever you have to say next does not have to do with work, then I don't care nor want to hear it."

He let out an exasperated breath, "We're leaving in ten," he says and lets me go.

Forgetting about my coffee, I leave him in the kitchen and go to gather my notes. I don't want to be around him any more than I have to.

I don't say anything else to Damien, and the only thing he says to me is "Time to go," when it is time for us to go to our meeting. And then again when he excuses himself to go talk to some associates of Absolon & Clint. So to keep myself occupied I go over my notes.

Javier finally shows up after a few minutes. I notice because everyone goes ahead to great him. I notice he is searching around the room as he is shaking hands hardly paying attention to the people that are greeting him. And then his eyes fall on me.

A shiver runs through me as he gives me what I think is a small smile

A shiver runs through me as he gives me what I think is a small smile. His lips move so slightly that it's barely noticeable.

I get up to follow the rest of the others moving into the meeting room. Looking for an available seat the only one available is the one right next to Damien, who has already pulled out the seat for me, and Javier's that is at the head of the table.