Chapter 11

Jackson stood in the hallway, outside of the daycare. He looked through the glass window, staring at Lydia. She sat there at the table with another little girl, having a "princess tea party", as he heard them say. She sat there with a tiny tiara on her head, it stayed put since her hair was now braided into two pigtails.

He thought about what his mother said. He couldn't ignore April forever, and he definitely couldn't ignore Lydia. It wasn't her fault he didn't know. She didn't deserve to not have her father in her life.
Jackson peeked down at his watch, he realized that he had a consult with Owen in 30 minutes. He decided to go finish some post-ops before he went to meet him. He took one last look at Lydia before walking away.

As Lydia sat there playing, she slightly looked up. She spotted Jackson just as he was leaving. A smile appeared on her face. She hadn't seen him since the argument at the house. She was curious to know if he was ok, if he was still mad.

She looked around the daycare, no one was paying attention to her and her friend.

"I'll be right back," Lydia said to her friend as she took the tiara off her head.

She took one last look around before running towards the door. She stood on her tiptoes, opened the door and slipped out without anyone seeing her, but her friend.

She peeked around the corner and spotted Jackson walking down the hallway. She put on a little smirk. She was about to play Super Spy, she was going to sneak around the hospital and follow Jackson, which she thought was really fun.

Lydia found herself hiding behind gurneys and peeking around corners following Jackson. Most people didn't notice her because they were too busy, and the people who did thought she was with people who came to visit some patient since she always found herself around them. She spotted Jackson going into one of the conference rooms on that floor. She followed him into it. Once she opened the door she stepped in.

"Hi Dr. Jackson" Lydia smiled as she walked in

Jackson looked up from his papers with a confused look on his face

"Lydia?" he got up walking to the door "What are you doing here?"

He opened the door and peeked outside, wondering if she came with April.

"I came to see you" she smiled

"How'd you get here?" he asked going back to his seat

"I saw you outside the daycare, so followed you," she said "like a super secret spy" she whispered with a grin

"Oh" Jackson smiled "So you snuck out of daycare?"

"Yep," she said walking around the table taking a seat next to him "what are you doing?"

"Uh, paperwork" Jackson answered

There were a few seconds of silence until Lydia asked what she's been wanting to know for a while now.

"Dr. Jackson......." she said

"Yeah?" he said looking up at her

"Are you mad at me?" she asked

"No, I'm not mad at you. Why would you think that?" he asked confused

"I heard you and mommy yelling and I heard you say my name, and you never come over anymore, so I thought you were mad at me" Lydia frowned

Jackson felt like his heart broke. Because of his attitude, Lydia thought he was mad at her.

"I'm sorry about the yelling Ok? and I'm not mad you," he said

"Are you mad at mommy?" he asked

"Uh, a little" he somewhat lied. He was mad at her, but he mad at her A LOT!