Chapter 9

I know I was wrong but he won't forgive me
Even if he do, he won't forget it
Gotta live with tho for the rest of our lives
No matter how much I try to make it right
Got to the point where it's invading my mind
Can't get it out, I can't get it out
I didn't want to lose you
And now that's it's over, can't seem to get over it
And the radio ain't making it better
____________________

April sat on the bench, at the park, next to her daughter. She listened as Lydia told one of her many stories about her imaginary Unicorn.

It was a Sunday afternoon and it was her day off from work. Since she didn't get much time to spend with Lydia outside of the house, or hospital, she decided to take her out to the park.

She listened to her daughter attentively, laughing at her impression of her unicorn. As Lydia talked, her eyes wandered away from her and to the random people walking or running by. She somewhat froze when she spotted Jackson running along the path. He was wearing a blue wife beater and black shorts, with headphones in his ear.

It was the first she had really seen him since the day before. Their conversations were getting more awkward and it seemed like he was avoiding her at the hospital. She didn't know why but she suspected it had something to do with whatever Mama Avery had sent her to talk to Jackson about.

She continued to stare, it seemed like he was running in slow motion. His glistening skin looked sooooooo......

"Get yourself together April" she whispered to herself unaware that her daughter heard her every word

Lydia stopped talking when she heard her mother spoke.

"Mummy?" she said but didn't get a response

She followed her mother's gaze and slightly turned.  A wide smile grew on her face as she spotted Jackson running.

"Dr. Jackson!" she called out jumping off the bench

April snapped out of her daze and eyes widened when she saw her daughter running up to Jackson.

"Lydia!" April called out, but Lydia kept running

"Dr. Jackson, Dr. Jackson!" Lydia called out again trying to get his attention

Jackson slowed down after hearing his name through his music and looked around. He spotted Lydia running up to him and stopped in his tracks. He turned to face her and smiled as she approached.

"Hi Lydia" he smiled

"Hi" she smiled back rocking from side to side "What are you doing in the park?"

"Uh, I came for a run," he said kneeling down to her level "What are you doing in the park?"

Lydia began her ramble about how she was telling her mother a story. At the mention of April, he looked up and spotted her sitting on the bench not too far away from them. He simply smiled at her and she smiled back.

April sat from afar and watched the interaction. Lydia had grown pretty fond of Jackson and always talk about him when she got a chance, which wasn't always so comfortable for April.

If only they knew..........

"Lydia!" April called out, indicating it was time for them to leave.

Lydia frowned at her mother, she didn't want to leave.

"Looks like it's time for you to go," Jackson said

"Yeah" Lydia sighed shrugging her shoulders "Bye," she said holding her arms out for a hug.