three | Partycake

"Sometimes, you just gotta let loose and party!"

Partycake was sitting alone during break (not that she minded), daydreaming of the perfect back-to-school party, when the new girl, Addie, slipped into the seat beside her.

"Patricia, isn't it?" she asked, holding her hand outwards.

She shook it, saying, "Patricia, eh? You obviously haven't been around for a while. The name's Partycake."

Addie studied her. "Partycake?" she asked, raising her eyebrows. "How did you end up with that name?"

"Ever watched My Little Pony?"

Addie looked offended. "My Little Pony?" She grinned. "Isn't that the show with bunch of unicorns that jump over rainbow? You think I watched stupid stuff like that?"

"I'll bite and say you did." Partycake leaned backwards in her seat.

"Okay, yeah, I did," she admitted. "But hey, a two-year-old has its perks."

Partycake smirked. "Anyway, I'm sort of the party animal--"

"--Figures--"

"--and my twin's name is Wisteria--"

"--You two are twins?--"

Partycake smiled. "I try to deny it, but yeah, we're twins. Anyway, there's a Party-cake and Wisteria in the show. Don't even ask."

"I'll pass." Addie grinned.

"Sure is a lot better than Patricia," Partycake scoffed. "What kind of a party-ish name is that?"

✽✽✽

The door to Mrs. Dare's room was, as usual, ajar. Partycake knocked softly before a melodious voice rang out, "Come in!"

Partycake entered, her eyes scanning the room quickly. Nothing seemed to have changed; the desks, as usual, were spaced evenly throughout the room, separated from one another, and on each was a white sheet of binder paper. A chalkboard consisted of numerous math equations, as well as scientific formulas. The room was entirely prank-proof (which was smart, considering that it was almost always occupied by either Sky or Hannah). Suspiciously, there was no one in the room at that moment.

"Partycake." Mrs. Dare narrowed her eyes sightly. "You haven't been doing anything against the rules, have you?"

"Um, no. Are Sky and Hannah here? Mrs. Edmonton gave them detention."

"Good question. Sky said she was using the restroom, and Hannah said something about-- wait a minute. Where is Hannah? I swear she was here a minute ago..." Mrs. Dare sighed. "I don't see what the point of this is anymore. Detention doesn't seem to be working. I've had to have put both Sky and Hannah in this room at least six hundred times combined, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's like detention is part of their daily routine."

"Right." Partycake hovered on the doorstep, unsure of what to say. "I'll just--" she pointed her thumb behind and backed out, closing the door as she went.

Now, unless she could find Hannah or Sky in half an hour, her hopes of a majestic get together party were dashed. No, the only celebration she would be having was in her dreams.

Partycake had thrown enough parties to know where all of the equipment was. The jukebox, the disco ball, the soda machine, the soft serve, the dance floor/carpet... they were all in the staff room, where the teachers could enjoy their pleasures...

But she did not have the knowledge of how to get into the staff room, and ninety percent of the times she would get caught. The equipment, of course, would be confiscated, she would be in detention, and the party would be canceled.