~ Kill The Authority Part 2 ~

Sunrise slowly dawned over the horizon, alighting the skies in fantastic morning colors of tangerine orange, flaring yellow and peachy rose. The trees swayed in the winds and glittered in its rays making the hideout of Night Raid have a new beauty masking it's dark inhabitants.  Within the base, Najenda was struck apon the chair which some one deem rather throne like in its position thorough Najenda did not take herself for a queen. She were simply their leader. The whole of her craw gathered around her and the boy known as Tatsumi stood to the centre. A little to the left, standing beside Sheele, Dakota stood , slender arms folded and laced around her chest as she looked on, blue eyes sparking with wonderment but with slight wariness as well. What would the newcomer choose? She didn't exactly want things to have to come to a dark closure ..where they would have to kill him. However they couldn't risk just simply being ratted out.

"We are gathered here this morning to discuss the future of this young man. However it is not up to us to decide but him. Tatsumi, that is your name I believe? You know how this goes don't you?" The boss spoke calmly and took a drag out of her pipe as her violet eyes descended apon him.

"If I don't join you, you'll kill me! That isn't exactly a fair choice!" He exclaimed, pupils increasing in size slightly.

"Exactly. But you're good with a weapon from what we've observed. What I have observed at least. You stated beforehand that you wanted to help the people, this is one way of doing so. Perhaps the only way given your case though." Dakota put in seriously though her tone was soft almost as if she had sympathy for him.

"We saved your life and opened you to the truth of that family, Tatsumi." Akame added , her tone however rather cold it seemed.
Mine huffed. The fiery pinked haired female hadn't really taken a liking to the situation at all. "He isn't cut out for it! Otherwise he wouldn't be doubting! Besides he's annoying!"
"He is good with a sword. " Daki repeated herself, giving a slight glare to the fired up member of her team.
"So what!? It takes more than that to be one of us!"

"That's right it does and she is well aware. That is why there is something else we have to tell you Tatsumi. But we need your decision first." General Najenda spoke smoothly as she smoked. The whisps of billowing smoke swirled around the room.
Lubba stood awkwardly against the wall, scratching the back of his head a little and saying nothing. Sheele and Bulat said nothing either as of yet. 
"You want me to make a decision within me fully knowing what I'm letting myself in for?" He seemed in disbelief.
"You'll find out soon enough. You've seen what we can do and should know what is to be expected of you." The white haired woman spoke once again, turquoise glinting irises blinking towards him.
She walked over to him then and unfolded her arms, dropping them down by her sides. She faced him and stared for a few several fleeting moments. "Tatsumi, the war is raging stronger every day with how corrupted the capital is. Truth is we need you. We do not wish for your death, you have no corruption in you as far as I can see. But we can't just let you go either. You know now of both who and what we are. Joining us would benefit us both and the world. We have done and do bad things Tatsumi but that does not make us bad people. We have done it for the greater good." She murmured and by now had placed her hands to his shoulders. "Please think about this and choose wisely."

He closed his eyes and breathed in as he thought. Then breathed out and opened them. He gave a slight nod to her. Dakota nodded back and stepped away turning so that she was a standing at his side. Her arms were resting at her hips once again.
Najenda raised a questioning eyebrow,awaiting his answer.
Now with a new determined look, he stepped forward fists clenched slightly. He nodded again.
"Alright I'll do it. I'll join you." He said at last. 

"Ah yes! I knew you'd join us Tatsumi! Its gonna be great!" Bulat announced enthusiastically and swung an arm around his entire frame from behind, almost squeezing him to death. Tatsumis face became all red and bulging, eyes wide as he was taken by surprise. Sheele gave a quiet giggle, one hand covering her mouth.

"Before you can officially join us Tatsumi, you must pass a task. " The boss then spoke up and then gestured to Dakota to say the rest. "Since Dakota is leading this mission, she will tell you. "

Bular let go and allowed Tatsumi to stand properly again. He looked to her awaiting her words. Daki took a slight intake of breath. "Two government officials must be taken down. One of them will be left for you and you alkone to kill. Should you succeed and you will carry on fighting alongside us."

"WHAT!? so even after I agreed to join you , you'll kill me anyway if I fail!?"

A deadly smile arose to Dakota's face.
"No. Your fate isn't up to us. If you fail , you will already be dead."

It was only then that the realisation hit him. If he succeeded , the government official he was to kill would be dead. If he failed, then his life would not be taken away by Night Raid but instead the government official.

It was either succeed and live or lose and die.