Ball part 2-Meetings

I take Domenico away from the center of the attention and start talking to him trying as hard as I can not to let people know that I'm furious.

"What was that?"-I ask him, my blood boiling.

"Exactly what you saw."-he says with a calm look.

"How could you do that? Without even asking me. What is this XIV century? What is it that you are planning signor Del Vecchio?"

He seemed rather amused with my reaction. "Amore mio let me explain it for you slowly."-he says.

"Oh please don't try to hard, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, ..or scratch that. Yes I do, carry on please."-I say sarcastically.

What happened next was something I never thought it would happen. He smiled, he actually smiled and I was breathless. He looked so beautiful smiling, and it made him look younger. I had never seen him smile. Well this night is going to be full of surprises.

"You have an odd sense of humor he says. Anyway I already told you that I need to make people respect me and that is better and more convenient when you have a woman by your side. Especially a woman that is the daughter of the mafia boss. And you need a man by your side to make you seem more powerful in the eyes of the other mafia heads."-he explains.

But I don't trust him. "Please you know that I am smarter than that. I don't need a man by my side to make me look powerful, actually is the opposite of that it will only make me look weaker, but I won't ask you anymore. Still I will have my rightful place in the business and you are not going to hurt any of the people close to me deal?"

"And what will you do if I don't agree?"-he questions me.

"Than I will speak with the families. I know that they are aware that you killed my father and I presume you explained them the situation since according to the code to kill a mafia boss you must have permission from one of the families and I will find out who gave that permission, but they are not going to be pleased knowing that you might be a danger for them. I have stayed silent, but I still have some influence as the daughter of a mafia boss just like you said. So do we have a deal?"

He stays for a moment and looks at me. I can tell that he seems surprised.
"You are a dangerous woman amore. Alright deal. Now come on we have to meet the other bosses."-he says as he grabs my arm.

I was continuing to walk with Domenico until we stop in front of a young man. He seemed like he was in his early twenties. He had black hair, black eyes holding a cold stare and was wearing a black suit with a black tie.

"Dario Ret. The boss of the New Orleans mafia. A pleasure to meet you."- says Domenico.

"Domenico Del Vecchio I presume. The new capo in Sicily. And of curse the lady on your arm is la signora Dianora Rossi. Piacere."-the young man says and kisses my hand. I could feel Domenico tense.

"The pleasure is mine."-I say."I hope your travel was comfortable."

"Well you know New Orleans is far away from here, but the reward was worth it. Not everyday you get to see a beauty as yours."-he says looking at me in the eyes.

In the same time Domenico grabs me by the waist and says:"Well it was a pleasure meeting you now we have to move, we can't let our other guests waiting right amore mio?" Domenico says and smiles at me

After he shakes hands with Dario he turns at me:"You shouldn't be so nice to him."

"Well this is why I'm here now isn't it?"-I say to him.

"Not to him. He is well known for the fact that he has a lot of ways with the ladies."

"Jealous much?"-I say.

"No, but what is mine, stays mine. And you are not for every mafia boss who wants you."-he says in a firm tone.

"This is not real and you know it. Besides I wasn't flirting to him."-I say

"I know it is not real, but on the other people's eyes it is, and I don't like people to flirt with my woman."-he says to me.

After that we meet Fabrizio Capone. The mafia boss of Palermo. He has always been a strong ally of my father. A very honored man. I already knew him and there was only one person left to see: Salvatore Piemonti. The most feared man of all the mafia heads.

As I am walking into the room I bump into someone.
"Excuse me."-I say to the man.

"Dianora Rossi right? You are the daughter of Stefano. Well, you have sure changed a lot. The last time a saw you you were a five year old girl with braids and freckles."

"Excuse me, but that time I was a little girl and I am not so sure if I remember you."

"Right, right I am Salvatore Piemonti. It is a pleasure to meet the only daughter of Stefano. I was sad to hear about your father's death."

"Nice to meet you signor Piemonti."- I say to the man. He seemed to be very old, but I must say he took very very care of himself. He had white hair that was cut into a nice hairstyle and a white beard. His rolled up sleeves showed his tattoos and he had a nice sense of fashion.

"Don Salvatore."-I hear Domenico say."I see you have already meet Dianora."

"That's right."-the man says."And let me congratulate you mr.Domenico you have a lovely woman by your side. Also you have done a good job with the business these three weeks. We are looking forward to make business with you."

"Of course sir. Enjoy the evening."-Domenico says.

There was something about this man. Something that I didn't like, probably the way he talked, or that look in his eyes. But for one thing I was sure. He wasn't the man he seemed to be. There is something far more dangerous in him.
______

"One more hour and this nightmare is finished." I thought, than I feel someone grab my waist.

"What are you doing?"

"Having a dance with you."-Domenico says.

"Really? What happened to the 'May I have this dance' thing?"-I say to him.

"Okay. Principessa may I have this dance?"-he asks.

"Well since I don't want people to get suspicious than, yes."-I say as we start dancing...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh hey Alessandro."-I see Alessandro, Domenico's most trusted man. He was the one who helped me and I actually trusted him.

"Signorina Rossi good to see you. You look very nice."-he says. He was wearing a black button up shirt, black tie and black suit.

"Well better than the last time you saw me."-I say.

"Well now you also have a powerful man by your side. By the way I was very surprised considering the fact that Domenico never dances."

"Really?"-I say surprised. "Anyway I still don't understand why did he did the announcement without my permission. And neither his intentions."

"Well sometimes we can't be next to the people we care about because as much strong as we seem to be we are scared, scared to lose them, scared that they won't think about us the same way as we do. So we try to look tough and cold, but we are still made of blood and feelings."-he explains.

I am actually impressed. This boy is so young yet he still has the maturity that even older people don't have. You never know what people have been through. He must have suffered a lot.

"Thank you Alessandro."-I say as I walk away.