Reminiscing

I was watching a picture of my mother. She was so beautiful, a true lady, a woman who radiated happiness and kindness.

I remember my father talking to me about her, about how nice she was to others, about her beautiful smile, amazing personality and kind heart. He told me she liked pink and turquoise, I hated those colors I have always been a black and white kind of person. She liked a beautiful sunny day at the beach and dancing in the moonlight. Me on the other side enjoy reading, riding on a horse or driving somewhere far away by myself.

My mother was dreamy, pure, beautiful inside out. That's how I imagine her. I barely never dream and even if I do they are always related to success and career.

I remember once my father found me crying after I looked at my mother's pictures. He sat down to my level, wiped the tears off my face and told me I had my mother's eyes. That when I grew up I would be happy like she was. He told me how much she loved kids and that she was now my guardian angel.

But I was never fully happy, I always felt like something was missing and that's what has made me like this. Sassy, realistic, sharp and a little bit cold. I have always had an attitude, principals and sometimes these two would made me have arguments with my father... Nothing serious. I couldn't stand two minutes being mad at him and neither did he. He was the only family I had left and now he is gone.

It took me a while to realize I was crying. I felt a tear running down my cheeks and than the door opening, someone was coming inside.

I quickly wipe away my tears and than turn my head to see Domenico enter the room.

"Are you alright?"-he asks looking at me.

"Like you would care."-I reply not wanting to let him see I'm hurting.

"Yes, you are right , I don't care."-he says.

Than he comes closer and sees the picture.

"La signora Rossi. I remember my parents speaking about how nice she was."

"And now you are going to take away the house she used to have"- I say when I remember that he is going to change everything inside the house.

"I am making a change. I can't live in the memories I hate. You also need a change principessa. That doesn't have to make you cry all the time. It's pathetic"- he says looking at me with disgust.

"You don't underst-"

"DON'T!"-he interrupts me.-"Don't come up with that 'you don't understand' bullsh*t. Because I DO. I had a mother, a had a family."-he speaks as his voice keeps getting lower and lower.-"And you are going to get used to this just like the rest of us."

I can sense his hate, the cold atmosphere he creates when he enters the room. The icy glares, but mostly the pain he felt, a pain that turned him into a heartless man.

I get up and leave the room. There is no point in arguing with him anyway..
_______________________________________________________

.. It has been two weeks since Domenico decided to change everything inside the house. Besides my desperate attempts to convince him not to he didn't change his opinion. He didn't even cared about what I said.
Now I'm living currently in his penthouse until the changes are done. That day is today.

"We are leaving."-Domenico says as he enters the room.
_________________________________________________________

I step out of the car and grab my Louis Vuitton duffel bag. From the outside there wasn't a big change. The house was only painted in white, which actually was the original color. The door opens and I go inside of the house...

For some good 10 minutes I was speechless. It was... Different. Way different from before. The hall was bigger with two beautiful stars leading you to the second floor.
The windows were a lot bigger and the wall that was supposed to stand behind the stairs was only of glass. You could also notice the Pierre Cardin carpets one the floor.

This new design has nothing to do with the vintage European Neo-classical style the house used to have

I get to the stairs and go to my room. It was white and beige. It had a queen sized bed a beautiful chandelier. There were beige curtains, white sheets, two big lamps on two sides of the bed and a lot of pillows. Of curse.

I didn't want to admit it, but I kind of like it

I didn't want to admit it, but I kind of like it. It was nice, I have to say that man had taste, or the designer who did it, you never know.

Now for my important place. The closet. The walk in closet. The place for all my designer outfits and shoes, but not only. This was the perfect place to hide things especially guns. You see being the daughter of a mafia boss means being in danger and no matter how many people you have ready to protect you, you still have to take precautions. Too bad the closet is new and of curse Domenico would never give me a gun because he know I won't think twice about pulling the trigger. So now I just have to look at the place.

When I go inside I'm amazed. The place is bigger than before and of curse my clothes are there organized in the way they should. The drawers are white and there are lights in the ceiling. First there were my shirts, pants, skirts, continuing with my dresses, shoes and my designer bags.

I keep wondering why Domenico hasn't killed me, or take away my things, but than I remember when he told me about the fact that he needs me to make his appearance and earn the trust of the people. That reminds me.. In two days I have a ball to go to. The first event without my father. Now I have to deal with it by myself after all I am a lady of honor. Una Donna d'onore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. Thank you for reading my book, it may not sound very interesting at first, but trust me it gets better.
By the way Audrey Hepburn is exactly the way I pictured Dianora's mother. I absolutely admire that woman.