Chapter 1

Eight damn years later...

I smirked as I cornered him, my wolf was howling with joy. The small, tan and white wolf coward away from us. His yellow eyes were wide with fear and awe.

I barked and jumped on him, causing him to let out a whine of defeat. I rolled off before wagging my tail, barking at him to stand up. He gave me a playful glare before shaking the dirt off his fur.

"Bitch." He grumbled through the mind-link.

"Jerk." I chuckled.

"We should start heading back, mom is going to freak out." He suggested, heading towards our 'home'.

I nodded in agreement and silently followed him. After eight years of being raised and trained by Steven and his mate, I'm finally calling them mom and dad. It took me a while to even go near them when I was ten. I had that fear in my head that they would beat me.

I can still remember that horrifying day, my hate for hunters blossomed that day. I was a foolish pup to even believe a hunter couple could ever love their adopted werewolf. Their very purpose for becoming hunters was because of their hate for my kind.

Werewolves.

Steven and his mate, Chloe, were the ones to pull me from thad dreadful river. It took them a few seconds to force the water from my lungs and bring me back to life. The second my senses came back, I ran away from them. Come to think of it, I feel bad, but I couldn't help it.

Steve had chased after me, not giving up until he had caught me. They then scolded me, telling me that the forest was no place for a pup to be running around, alone. After that, I stayed with him and befriended their son, Tyler.

He's a stubborn asshole, but I guess we both are. The second he met me, he promised to always protect me. The thought caused an ache in my heart.

Seth had promised me that too.

I shook my head, why should I even bother thinking about him? Those hunters killed his parents, he probably hates me more than anything right now. However, I still have that spark of hope that he'll realize it wasn't my doing.

Once we reached our house, I shifted back and threw on some clothes. I sighed as I sat down, staring at my collection of blades.

You would think only hunters would have blades, but us rogues do too. Before a rogue pup reaches the shifting age, they learn to use blades so they can hunt and protect themselves. The only good thing those hunters did for me was teach me how to use one.

Steven was shocked when he gave me a blade and I threw it right at the target. After that, he taught me how to hunt with one. I owe him and Chloe my life.

"Lil, can you grab me the pan?" Chloe asked.

I smiled and nodded, "Here you go."

"Thank you. So, how was your run? Anything interesting?" She asked.

"Well, besides pinning Tyler down, nope."

Tyle growled lowly, "I let you pin me down."

I smirked at him, "Uh huh, just admit it. I'm stronger than you."

"Whatever."

Steven raised an eyebrow, "It surprises me that you two haven't killed each other yet."

"Eh, he knows I love him." I grinned.

Tyler laughed, "She knows I don't exactly hate her."

I narrowed my eyes, but before I could say anything, a howl sounded. We all stiffened, I swallowed as I looked around.