The Chase Continues

Hi everyone! Java here! I hope you've all be doing well and all. Apologies for such a long wait for those who have been keeping up and are still interested in my novel of Jacqueline the Ripper. I've been swamped with a lot of things but fear not as I've finished yet another chapter^^ I hope you'll all love this one. Oh and the novel itself is coming to a close as well. I'd like to specially thank my cousin MattRey for helping me and encouraging me to press on and finish this novel. I recommend reading his book as well, Vendetta's Wrath. Without further ado, happy reading^^ and remember to vote and comments as your feedback is greatly appreciated^^

                                                                                                       -Java

It has been 4 weeks since Jake's body was discovered in his house. The police team gave up despite them knowing that Richter is back in action... the news of Jake's spread like wildfire throughout the country, many people began packing up to move out while others, steadfast in facing this creature, decided to form their own militia and vowed to slaughter any woman who walked the streets between 9pm-6am. The Commissioner paid a special visit to Richter's ward room. As he told him about Jake's death and the clues he found, Richter merely closed his eyes as he listened. The Commissioner didn't know what to make out of his reaction—whether he should continue or whether he should silence himself—but he continued.

Commissioner: And that's the full gist of things Rich...

Richter:...

Commissioner: I... am sorry that we couldn't do anything to prevent his tragic passing...

Richter: Don't worry chief... with what Jake left behind, I'll make good use of it. Is he buried as yet?

Commissioner: Yes. I wanted to hold off until you fully recovered so that you could attend his funeral but due to how he was... killed, well, you know.

Richter: Yeah... I understand. Where is he buried?

Commissioner: Evangelion Cemetary.

Richter: I see. Alright, I'm gonna pay him a little visit.

Commissioner: Richter... do not push yourself. Lazarus didn't wake up from the dead twice after all.

Richter: *chuckles* don't worry, I'm fine chief.

The Commissioner merely nodded in acceptance then left. Richter looked out the window. There he saw bright sunshine yet it screams in despair. The sun's rays ache and light begs for retribution upon the sinful land. The land itself seems to be crying out for retribution; rain has been falling more often and the water washes away the blood of the innocent men who had passed on—some without even knowing they've passed on—what a tragedy...

Nurse: Its time for your medicine Mr. Allen.

Richter: Yes of course, thank you.

Nurse: I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Allen.

Richter: Please, call me Richter. And thanks, this is what I woke up to hear so I might as well just soak it all in after all.

Nurse: ... This bothers women as well you know...

Richter: Hm?

Nurse: My husband... He was killed the following night after your partner was murdered as well.