A Holy Backlash (Part 3)

"Well it seems as if Jacqueline the Ripper is gonna kill us all. With the police force at their wit's end and the population stricken with legit fear, people are wondering what's going to happen as last night yet another male victim was found around 12 midnight. Police found the victim dismembered with his stomach gouged out with some of his organs missing along with the same clue that continues to taunt and baffle the police carved out on his back. In light of these strings of murders we have here with us Charles Sydney, Minister of National Security. Charles I'm gonna have to ask you here since you're the Minister of National Security. What do you plan on doing about this?"

"Well Linda both the Lower and the Upper Houses remain steadfast in trying to apprehend this psychopath and put an end to this miserable case once and for all."

"But it doesn't seem like you've been making any progress at all though and its been about 3 months since this unknown terror sprang up. Oh and we have a response from Twitter here. A text from one of our followers says that "the gov ain't doing shit bruh"... What's your response to this?"

"Ha ha well I can understand the public's fears and anger but rest assured that we are still doing our utmost best to apprehend this killer and bring her to justice. Thank you."

"And there you have it that was Minister of Justice..."

The tv shifts to a dark silence. "Pssh what a load of bullcrap... People really shouldn't believe everything that comes on tv... especially from politicians..." Jake muttered to himself. Despite this though he knew that the news had some truth to it; the police are at their wit's end, most have given up hope and the very few, including Jake, are struggling to find out the who is this person and the one person who's literally their only shining glimmer of hope, is in a coma. Jake leaned back in his chair, wondering what next... what else could he do? "I... I don't know what else to do..." He thought to himself. "Richter is out of commission, Jacqueline is still on the loose and... and Silvia is nowhere to be found... ARG!!! WHAT THE FUCK SHOULD I DO!?!" he screamed within. He tried calling her again earlier but nothing came up and today is his day off so he decided to ease his mind with some food at his usual spot.

While driving he noticed that the area was tense. People were walking really fast along the sidewalks, especially the men, they were walking faster than their wives/sisters/daughters etc. Worst part is that—

Jake: Its 3pm and people are like this... My God... this isn't good at all

It really makes you wonder just how easily people can feel fear. Just merely having that constant fear factor and in no time you'll have an entire country in fear of you. I mean, even the Minister of Security is having a damn hard time yes? Its as if whoever this person is, merely known as "Jacqueline the Ripper" at that, knows how to strike fear into the hearts of many and how to manipulate them. Look at it, fear is written all over their faces. Some may have put on a façade but even Jake could tell that they're scared (because Jake was never one to pay much attention to people who are not his targets). These people needs someone to save them, someone to take away that fear... and someone to put this person to that noose and snap that neck for those who died and—

Jake: That's just what I wanna do so badly.

Jake parked up and entered into his favourite burger joint where he, Richter and most recently Sylvia would've spent time together during their breaks or after work. The atmosphere didn't felt the same. He ordered his usual but when he looked at it, it looked really old; something that was ugly, disgusting and needs to be thrown away. Could you blame him though? His two friends are missing: one is pretty much a wanted serial killer while another one is in limbo. And on top of that, he has a pin that he knows diddlysquat about and a note that he knows nothing about. At that moment he suddenly smashed his fist into his burger in anger and burst into tears, nothing but tears. He cried not because he felt like doing it, not because he felt it to be dramatically correct but because he felt like he had failed. He had failed himself, his friend and mentor and the people. He doesn't deserve that badge and the feeling of being a detective, no, he felt like he belonged in a dumpster somewhere. Jake cried as he felt the helplessness engulf his entire being until someone came up to him.