"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve stated.

"Tell me Captain, do you know where Thor or Banner are right now? If I misplaced a couple of mega tons nukes, you bet there'll be consequences. Compromise, reassurance, that's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground." Ross told us.

"So there are contingencies?" Rhodey asked.

"30 days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords. Talk it over." Ross said.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Nat asked him.

"Then you retire." Ross stated. I went to get up but Sam held me down by a hand on my wrist. Ross turned to me as I glared down at Sam's hand.

"Riley." Sam warned me. Secretary Ross left and we all got up, and moved to the sitting room. Instead of sitting, I moved to the window. The look of the grass and trees calmed me as I crossed my arms, hugging myself. "So let's say we agree to this thing, how long is it going to be when they look at us like some kind of criminals?"

"117 countries wanna sign this. 117, Sam. You're just like no, it's cool." Rhodey reminded Sam.

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam asked him.

"I have an equation." I heard Vision speak up.

"Ahhh, this'll clear it up." Sam said.

"In the eight years since Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhance person's has grown expendably. And during the same period, the number of potentially learning events risen at an expanded rate." Vision explained.

"So you're saying this is our fault?" Steve asked.

"I'm saying there maybe a causality. Our very strength vites challenge. Challenge vites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. Oversight, oversight is not an idea that could be dismissed at the end." Vision explained.

"Bull." Rhodey complained.

"Tony, you're being uncharacterically nonhyperly verbal." Nat stated.

"That's because he already made up his mind." Steve told everybody.

"Boy, you know me so well. Actually, I'm nursing my electromagnetic headache. That's what's going on, Cap. Pain, discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the prosal? I'm not running a bed and breakfast for hungry gain. Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA, had a floor level gig in tow plan for the fall but first he wanted to put a few miles on his soul before he parked it behind a desk. See the world, to be of service." Tony paused. "Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia. He wanted to make a difference and we wouldn't know because we dropped a building on him when we were kicking ass. There's no decision making process here. We need to be put in check. Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, we borderless, we're no better than the bad guys."

"Tony, someone dies on your watch, you give up." Steve told him.

"Who said we've givin up?" Tony asked.

"We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blame." Steve told him.

"I'm sorry but Steve, that....that is dangerously ignorant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the World Security Council, it's not S.H.I.E.L.D., it's not Hydra,-""No but it's run by people with agendas. Agendas change." Steve interrupted Rhodey.

"That's good. That's why I'm here. I realize what my life's work was capable in the wrong hands. I shut down the manufacturing." Tony reminded him.

"Tony, you choose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our right to choose. What if this Panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's some where we need to go and they don't let us? We may not be perfect but the safest hands are still our own." Steve explained.

"If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us. That's a fact. That won't be pretty." Tony told him.

"You'll say they'll come for me." Wanda spoke up.

"We would protect you." Vision told her.

"Maybe Tony's right. If we have one hand on the wheel, we could still steer. If we take it off,-""Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss our ass a few years ago?" Sam asked, interrupting Nat.

"I'm just trying, I'm raiding the terrain. We have made some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back." Nat said.

"Focus Nat, did I just mishear you or did you just agree with me?" Tony asked her. My phone beeped in my pocket and I pulled it out.

"Oh, I want to take it back." Nat said.

"No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you. Riley?" Tony called my name and I could feel everyone turn to me. I stared down at my phone, not answering.

"Riley?" Wanda called my name and I could see my hands shake. I quickly walked out of the room and into the stairwell. I barely got down a level when I collapsed on the stairs. I pressed a hand to my mouth as I held in the sobs. Arms wrapped around me and I knew it was Steve. I held onto him as I pushed my face deep into his chest. My sobs came out as I tried to speak.

"She can't be gone. She can't."