Chapter 9

Steve's Fear Dream

-Third Person's-

Steve looked around at the party. Music playing, people dancing, laughing. He looked around confused, also hearing gun fire and bombs exploding. He flinched as a camera took his picture, hearing a bomb go off.

He glanced at two men, who were almost starting to fight. A woman came between them, stopping them. He looked over to a man who looked like had been shot but was laughing about it. A hand touched his arm from behind him.

"Are you ready for our dance?" He turned around once he heard Riley's voice. She looked different. The way she used to look back in 1945. She smiled at him, lips red as an apple. "The war's over, Steve. We can go home. Imagine it."

He took her hand and spun her to him. She fell into his chest and he held her there. He could feel her warmth, her heart beating against his. He pressed his face into her neck and tightened his hold on her hand and waist. He gently pressed his lips to her neck and pulled back slightly. Then he heard her let out a loud gasp. He instantly pulled back to looked at her and a pain expression was on her face.

"Riley?" He said her name.

He looked down and saw the cause of her pain. A broken metal pole was in her chest, over her heart. The pole disappeared and blood started to pool onto her dress. She fell backwards but he caught her, laying her gently on the ground. She gasped for breathe as he tried to get the bleeding to stop. He looked up and started to see the light fade from her eyes.

Then it was gone.

Her heart stopped beating under his palms, her lungs stopped moving. Tears fell down his face as he held her to him. Then it all disappeared.

The music.

The people.

Riley.

But her blood stayed on his hands, forever.

-First's Point-

I helped Steve and Thor to the jet as Clint placed Nat down. He came over to me and helped me with the two, that's when I heard a big boom. I walked outside and saw a cloud of dust rising into the air. I looked back at Clint, and his face held shock too.

I held Steve as he kept a tight grip around my waist. I looked at the standing Thor, then to Clint then to Tony.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." Maria said.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked her.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?" She asked.

"Everyone's.....we took a hit. We'll shake it off." Tony told her.

"Well for now, I'd stay in self mode. And stay away from here." She suggested to him.

"So run and hide?" Tony said.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Maria told him.

"Neither do we." Tony said.

Steve jumped in my arms, his breathing getting quick. He patted his hands all over me until one hand landed over my heart. He got a relief look on his face as he held it there. He leaned forward, smashing his face into my chest. He turned until his ear pressed against the place over my heart. I leaned my head on his and saw Tony watching us.

Steve tightened his hold on my hips as his breathing slowed back down. I glanced down, seeing he was asleep. So I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I fell asleep with Steve's arms wrapped tightly around me.