Chapter Twenty Nine - Infiltrating

Once we're home, I hide the pills in my empty ray gun holster. I look at the guys and go into Mikey and I's bedroom. I hide the pills in a pile of clothes in my drawer and look at myself in the mirror. I look at my stomach and rub it. I smile to myself and go back into the living room.

The guys are all getting geared up. I frown and look at Grace, who's also puttting a ray gun into a holster on her pants. I walk to Gerard and tap his shoulder. He turns around and smiles at me. "Hey Adren."

"Where are you 5 going?" I ask.

"Gonna go infiltrate the BLI. Gotta do it the hard way now." He puts his ray gun into its holster and smiles.

"Without me?" I cross my arms.

"Adren you're pregnant," he says. "You can't go. It'll be bad for the baby. So, stay here with Liz and rest. You need it, Adren."

He walks away and Frank comes up to me. "We know where everything is now. So just, rest. Keep calm. Think you can do that, Adrenalineeee?" He says, taking my hands.

"Sure thing, Frank. Oh I mean Ghouuuul." I wink.

He smiles and walks to where Gerard is. Ray hugs me and gives me a sad smile. Mikey pulls me into a hug and kisses me deeply. I smile at him and feel my stomach. Grace hugs my stomach and walks over to the guys. They all wave to Liz and I and walk out the door.

"I'm going to bed," I turn around and tell Liz.

"Me too. Good night, Adren."

I wave and walk to my bedroom. I put on some pajamas and take the bottle of pills. I walk into the bathroom and run some water, taking a small paper cup and filling it with water. I read the bottle. 'Take 1 in the morning, 1 at night'. I pop one in my mouth and drink some water.

It tastes like cherries. I drink another sip of water, and go back to bed. I turn out the light and quickly fall asleep.

*Frank's POV*

We finally arrive to the BLI Headquarters. I haven't been here in a while. I can tell Grace is a little nervous. She's holding onto Gerard's hand real tight. He looks down at her and smiles. We sneak across the bridge and shoot the 2 guards guarding the door. They fall to the ground without a sound.

Gerard stops us before we get any closer. He points to a camera that's looking around the area. I take my ray gun and shoot it. It goes out with sparks, and we all walk inside the building. The lights are on, but it's empty. I look over at Mikey, and he looks uneasy. I pat his shoulder and give him a sympathetic smile. He nods and goes back to walking down the hallway.

All of our ray guns are drawn, even Grace's. We cautiously walk down the hall, turn a corner, and towards the glass door with a Scarecrow Unit symbol on it. Gerard nods at us and walks through the door. There are no Dracs at the security cameras. We continue on to them. Grace sits down at the computers and watch the cameras. Ray and Mikey stand guard, and Gerard and I look through the files behind a door. We leave it open in case anyone comes by.

Gerard searches through some drawers until he says, "Bingo!" I run to him and pull out some folders. We look through each of them very quickly. Most are pointless. I search until I find one folder that catches my eye. 'Early stages'. I give Gerard a look and move to a table so I can read it out.

It talks about after the 2012 fires. It's dated September 2014. That was so long ago. 5 years ago, I was 15. Now I'm 20. Anyway, I read on. I read until this one beginning of a paragraph shocks me. I look at Gerard, and beckon him towards me. We both read the paragraph.

'On August 15th, 2014 the Better Living Industries have begun to look at the files of the families who have been under the BLI protection. One family in particular was the Perez family. Yasmin Perez (Mother), Joseph Perez (Father), and their 2 children Kaylina and Janae. They have been classified at betrayors. The children aged 14 and 15 have been taking pills less frequently. Their parents have been gone from their appartment more often than usual. They have been seen going out of Battery City into the zones. Yasmin and Joseph have been exterminated recently. The details are attached.'

I look at Gerard and shake my head. He sniffs slightly and goes back to searching through the file cabinet. I pull out a folder dated June 2011. I look through that and gasp. It's a detailed folder, all about the plans of the 2012 fires.

Gerard and I walk out of the room, and get everyone's attention. We wave the folder in the air. "We got it."