Chapter Eight - Plans

After a few rings, Party finally answers his phone. His voice is shaky when he answers "H-hello?" He says.

"Hey Party." I say quietly.

"A-Adren? Is that you?"

I look at Shelby and smile. "Sure enough!"

I hear him say 'It's her!'. "I've missed you, Adren." He says to me.

"I've missed you too. How's things at home?" I lay down on the bed, and Shelby goes to hers.

"It's been a living hell without you. How long do we have?"

"Months. I don't know when I'll be finished." I look at Shelby and she raises her eyebrows. "I met a friend here with the same mission. So things'll go by faster than anticipated."

"Good. We need you home. Mikey's a wreck. He said he had lunch with you?"

"Yeah. I get my own free time. And hour a day. But I can't do it very often, you know."

"Oh. I got it." Party sighs. "Think we can meet up tomorrow?"

I hesitate for a moment. "Um, yeah. That'll be good! Meet me at Mahi Mah's in Battery City at about 3 in the afternoon."

"Alright. I'll see you then."

"Goodbye Party."

"Bye Adren."

I hang up and turn to Shelby. I smile and walk up to her loft. "We're going to Mahi Mah's tomorrow!"

She raises her eyebrow at me. "What?"

"I'm meeting up with my friend. It'll be fun, trust me. And it's on the down low. No person from the BLI must know this. Alright?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

Shelby nods at me. "Alright! Now I'm tired. Let's go to bed."

"Okay!"

I grab some PJ's from my closet and go to the bathroom. I put the eyeliners in my makeup box (Painted red) and slip on the black pajama pants and T shirt. Then I walk back into the room, turn off the light, and sleep.

I dream of Mikey. Mikey and I, together.