Chapter Thirteen - Plans

I've had a reunion with everyone now. We're sitting in our regular places. LIz and Ray at the bar, Party and Grace standing by the hallway, Frank now on the floor, and Mikey and I on the couch. I'm laying down with my head rested on Mikey's lap. We're all thinking about the mission.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Frank asks, looking up at me.

I shrug and sit up. "I don't know yet. But we have 3 days. That's how long I have."

"3 days?" Liz blurts out, astonished.

I nod. "Korse is being stingy about time. But, I couldn't let emotions slide. I had to keep a low profile."

"But that's barely enough time to think of something quick." Party complains.

"We have plenty of time! It's just getting things, you know, set up is the hard part."

"Then what are we gonna do. 2 of our friends disappeared on us. Holly and-"

"Do not say her name." I cut off Ray and glare at him.

"Sorry..." He looks down and scratches his fro.

I shake my head and look at Grace. She runs towards me and sits on the couch. "Adren, I think I have a idea." She says.

I frown at her. "What is it...?"

"You get one of us to get injected with the chemical Dr. D has. Then you won't have to worry!"

"Oh hell no. I'm not putting you guys through that."

Everyone looks at each other, thinking. I look at Mikey, and he looks down at me. I half smile at him and take his hand. 3 days to enjoy this. Ray clears his throat to get our attention.

"How much do you know, Adren?" He asks.

"I just need to know why the BLI is doing this in the first place."

Ray nods. "You go back in 3 days. When Korse asks why you don't have anybody, you tell him the truth. Nobody would cooperate, so you just left. Find out the information you need and come home, Adren. We miss you."

I look at Ray with a stunned look. I would have never thought that. "Wow Ray..." I scoff and look at Party. "You'd be a better leader that Party."

"At least Ray doesn't kiss his brother's girlfriend." Mikey glares at Party.

Party looks hurt and steps out of the room and down hall, slamming his bedroom door. I look at Mikey and roll my eyes. Now I have to pick up the pieces. I get up and walk over to Party's room, opening the door and finding him ripping a piece of paper into shreds.

When he threw it down, I saw a piece of the drawing. It clearly shoes a part of a neck. And on the neck, a necklace is sketched. It has a 'K' hanging from it. A drawing of me.

Party turns around and sees me standing there, looking at the remains of an artist's work. He walks to me and grabs my shoulders. I purse my lips, hoping he won't kiss me like the many times before. He doesn't, though. He stares into my eyes for the longest time. I raise my eyebrows and that triggers him to let me go. He scoffs at me.

"You still have no emotion. Everything out there was a lie, huh?" He accuses.

I frown. "What? No! I still have emotions! You guys break through it though."

"Then why not me?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

"Just, leave."

I follow his order and leave the room, confused. What was that all about? I shake it off and walk back into the living room. Everyone's eating. Food. Fries. I NEED.

I run to them and steal a handful of fries from Liz's plate. She gets a surprised look on her face at first, but then she frowns. She tries to steal the fries back but I stuff them in my mouth and run off.

"ADREN GOD DAMNIT GIVE ME MY FRIES BACK!" She yells, running after me.

"ISDNVIUTHIUHGDHSDKJFNIETIUN!" I can't really say anything... understandable.

We spend the next half hour chasing, eating, running, yelling, and laughing. Home. I'm home.

I wonder what's happening to Party right now.