Chapter One - Testing

I was taken into a room that's huge and all white, like the hospital's. But this room has way more equipment. There's a scanner, A X-ray area, A desk with a clipboard and a pen on it, and a small bed with sedatives and scalples and all those instruments.

"Sit there." The Drac points to the bed.

I sit there and a doctor walks in. On his coat is a Scarecrow Unit symbol. Of course. He takes a look at me and smiles. I smile back, keeping up my act. I swing my legs back and forth while he writes down things on the clipboard.

He finally turns around and looks at me. He walks to me and stands me up, looking at me up and down. He pulls at a strand of my hair, one that is dyed red, and examines it. He lets go of it and writes something on his clip board.

"Please come and lay here, by the scanner." He instructs.

I do so, laying down on the cold metal. The doctor presses a button and the bed moves inside the huge scanner. I close my eyes as a green light scans over my body. It's about 5 minutes until I see the usual white light of the room.

I sit up and off the metal bed and sit back on the bed. He takes a needle and sets it down by me. He takes a rubber band and ties it above my elbow real tight. He cleans the spot where my arm bends and sticks the needle inside.

I try to not show any pain, and surprisingly it works. I feel nothing. I look down at my arm and see he's drawing blood. It's a deep red, crimson. I look up at him and he chuckles.

"You don't feel anything, huh? That's what the chemical does. You don't feel any pain." He explains.

"Oh. Or emotion?" I ask.

"Neither."

I nod and he takes out the needle, putting a bandaid over the small hole. He takes me out of the room and tells me to sit on a bench.

An hour pasts and he walks in from another door, a sheet of paper in his hands.

"Congratulations! You're an official BLI Agent. Well, your body is. You just need to train." He says cheerfully.

"Train?"

"Don't worry. Nothing your body can't handle. Follow me, we'll take your picture for your ID Card."

He takes me down the hall, to the right, and into a room with a huge white wall and a camera on a tripod. He gestures for me to stand by the wall. I do, and don't smile. Now my emotions are almost completely gone. It feels weird.

Snap.

The picture is tooken. Now, I'm a official BLI who needs training... I wonder how that'll work.

Mikey's P.O.V

It's been about 3 hours since she's left. We're all home, in our rooms. I'm lying on my bed, thinking over every time Adren and I have spent. When we met, rescuing her, rescuing Grace, rescuing her again, jumping out of a window, our first time together... It was all so fast. And now it's gone for what, months?

I hope she does this quickly. I can't stand not being with her. When we had that 3 hour breakup, it killed me. Pathetic, I know. But I love her so damn much. I wish I could see her...

I sit up and reach over to her side of the bed. I pick up a picture on her nightstand. It's a picture of us. We took it last month. We were outside, and the wind was blowing. Her eyes are closed and she's smiling the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. My face is to the side, my forehead resting on her temple. My eyes are also closed.

I take the picture and put it on my nightstand. I lay down on my right side and stare it, at her. A tear escapes from my eye and I quickly wipe it away. I don't need to cry. I'll see her again, soon, right? It'll just be a few months.

Someone knocks on my door. I sit up quickly and they open the door. It's Frank.

"Oh hey Frank." I croak.

"Hey Mikes. Mind if I hang in here?" He asks sitting on my bed.

"Not at all. What's up?"

"Kaylina wants to be alone, to think. So I thought I'd should hang with you. You must be in hell."

"Yeah. Who knows how long she'll be gone. And if she'll survive..."

"I know for a fact she will survive through this. She's strong, she won't let them do anything to her. I promise Mikey, she'll be safe."

I look at him and think for a moment. Is he right? I know she's strong but... No. She's strong. She can do this.

"You're right, Frank. She can do this."

"There we go. Now come on. We gotta cheer everyone up!"

We get up and walk to everyone's rooms. Everyone gets out, and we all cheer each other up. This is the way it should be. If only Adren was here.

Adren's P.O.V

I got my card. It has my real name on there, Janae Perez. I look under my right arm and see the tattoo of my name. My old name. The name I haven't been called in a year. I remember when Party wrote the words with Frank's tattoo machine and Mikey kissed me just to calm me down. It was a really good memory.

It's about 11 at night now. I'm in my new room. I have to live in here until I finish my mission. Which I hope is soon. I miss Mikey so much right now. I miss kissing him, being by his side, holding his hand. His scent, his eyes, his everything.

What I'd give to say I love you to him.