Chapter 3- Oh God, Take Me

I was on my bed doing my project, searching about 'The Dark Ages' and writing about it when my mom burst into my room with an apron on. I raised an eyebrow at her to which she smiled at me. 

"Would you like some cookies?" She asked politely which made me more suspicious of her behavior. The last time she offered me cookies was when I had cocooned myself in multiple blankets and that was when I had that horrible accident.  

"Why?" I asked hesitantly to which she smiled evilly. She quickly closed my bed room door and came over to sit on my bed while closing my laptop. "Your brother is dating a girl." She spoke like a teenage girl, gossiping behind people's back. I looked at her indifferently before opening my laptop back again. She frowned and closed it back again.

"Aren't you excited?" She asked and I laughed before I held her hand. "Mom, Caleb came out to me as straight when we were kids." She glared at me before snatching her hands away from mine. 

"Ha ha, very funny. What I meant to say was, he's dating a girl." I widened my eyes before I jumped excitedly, it seemed like an overly excited teenager's soul was switched with mine as I giggled. My mom doing the same as we giggled and jumped on my bed.

"And he's bringing her over tonight." My jumping halted as I stared at her. "Say what, woman." 

My mom stopped as well but the smile on her face was still present as she spoke again. "He's bringing her over for dinner." 

"But, I have a project to complete and a hell lot of homework to do." I whined as I opened the laptop back again giving mom the best whiny look I could muster. It's not that I don't wan to meet this woman that my brother is dating, I am just really tied up with homework and that god awful project.

"How about you just have dinner with us and then you can go back to doing your homework?" I thought about it for a minute before I smiled and nodded. Mom hugged me tightly before she stood up and began to go out of my bed room. 

"But seriously, do you want cookies?" I laughed before nodding my head.

                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Jade, she's here!" I heard my mother scream excitedly from the front door and I immediately stood up as I fixed my t-shirt and wore my jeans quickly. When I knew that I was presentable, I made my way downstairs. I heard talking coming from the living room and I went in there with the best innocent smile, I had to offer.

Everyone's attention turned towards me as I walked closer to the three people sitting around the coffee table. Only one stood out the most with her blonde hair, well mom was also a blonde but her hair were more on the dirty blonde side, while this woman had platinum blonde hair making her look beautiful paired with a set of gorgeous blue eyes. Now, I know that my brother has great taste in women. 

I looked towards Caleb with a smirk and he smirked back, it was mostly like we just high-five'd screaming 'score'. After having the little eye to eye conservation with Caleb, I turned towards the woman who was staring at me with a cute smile.

"Hi, I'm Jade." I smiled back at her as I shook hands with her. "I'm Sydney." I glanced at Caleb before speaking with a smirk. "Ah, Caleb has always dreamed about going there once in his lifetime." 

Sydney blushed before she sat back down and I sat down next to mom on the couch that was in front of the sofa. "Caleb, come help me with the plates." Mom stood up and ordered Caleb before leaving to go to the kitchen. Caleb first smiled at Sydney before he glared at me.

Once, he was out of the living room, I went to sit down beside Sydney who still had that cute smile on her face. "Now that he's gone, lets get down to business." I said before clapping my hands together. She gave me a confused look to which I just smiled to send away her confusion.