Chapter 20: "No One Loves Me"

Mom didn't really know why I was so depressed and why I hadn't gone to school in like ages (actually, only 2 days), and luckily, she wasn't asking either.

Caleb seemed like he had an idea since I had found him and Sydney giving me that sad puppy-dog look as if I wasn't the one that had gotten her heartbroken but instead it was them.

My phone had been bombarded with texts and calls from Bridget and if I hadn't been so embarrassed by the fact that I had cried on her shoulder (more like, chest) and held on to her for dear life itself, than I surely would've given an answer to those texts and calls. But, since I was regretting everything that had happened with her, I didn't reply to her or to Tim, who had come over twice now.

Mom had been kind enough to tell him that I wasn't feeling well, and I was grateful to that.

"You know, you can't run away from what you're running away from." I gave my mom a weird look as she stared at me while cutting vegetables sitting across from me on the dining table.

I groaned before putting my head on my arms, "I'm not running away from anything."

"You are." She stated making me give her a glare. "Why are you even trying to give me a pep talk, I'm okay." She gave me a stare which clearly told me that she wasn't believing a single thing that came out of my lying mouth, before going back to the green onions.

"I'm your mother, Jade Phyllis Bryan. I can tell when you're sad." I flinched at her saying my whole name before rubbing my face with my hands.

"I'm not sad."

She rolled her eyes and I took some time to question myself as to why I was even sitting at the dining table being interrogated indirectly by my mother when I could go to my room and lie down on my comfy bed, and be all sad by my own self.

My inner question was answered by my inner self as I remembered that Caleb and Sydney were upstairs and they were very loud with their bickering. Since, I didn't want to eavesdrop on them, I escaped my room and came to my mother who was busy cutting up vegetables.

"By the way, what happened to that lovely girlfriend of yours?" Mom asked as she lightly waved the knife at me, making me groan lowly at her question.

"She is not my girlfriend."

"Jade, Phyllis Bryan, you've been lying a hell lot these days. Bridget told us in front of you how she was your girlfriend." I groaned before hiding my face by putting my head down on the table. I didn't know where this sudden guilt of ignoring Bridget had come from as I felt like I was doing something wrong by ignoring her.

She did help me...kind of, by letting me cry on her. And um, she also confessed my love to Paige in a way, but that was a huge flop since Paige didn't really love me back. And, uh, Bridget also got rid of my bullies by making me her girlfriend even though I would've chosen bullying over being her girlfriend any day, but she was nice, uh, in her own weird way.

As I listed off the weirdly nice things that Bridget had done for me, my phone rang loudly which got me out of my head and back to the real world, as my mom looked at me. "Are you gonna answer that?"

I didn't reply as I took my ringing phone out of my pocket before looking at the caller and frowning.

Getting up from the chair I was sitting on, I ignored mom's question gaze as I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room before answering the phone, "Oh, thank god, you answered."

"What do you want, Tim?" I grumbled as I plopped down on the sofa. Hearing silence, I presumed that he had cut off the call but when he began to speak again, I sighed. "Why haven't you been coming to school? Paige looks like a wreck, and oh, Bridget looks like a bigger wreck. It's as if she just lost the love of her life, and have I told you how Zoe and I are officially-officially together now?"