Chapter 7 Adriens POV

"Why were you absent on Wednesday?" I overheard Alya ask Marinette.

"I was sick... So I stayed home like you said I should" She retorted, but sounded a little unsure. It was kind of ironic that Marinette and Ladybug were both sick and she happened to miss school the day I was with Ladybug, but it had to be a big coincidence.

I sighed as I returned my attention to the teacher speaking. She was going off about something to do with literary devices, but I didn't really catch onto what she was saying. Nino nudged my shoulder and I quickly looked over. "Hey dude you wanna go to the movies tonight?".

I nodded "Sure, what time?"

"4:00 and I was thinking maybe I could ask Alya?" He asked with a grin.

I gave a small laugh "Yeah, okay".

"I was thinking maybe Marinette could come along too? So that you...wouldn't be alone".

"Sure" I smiled and returned to the teacher.

After class Nino and I walked up to Alya and Marinette. They were just sitting there talking, but when we walked up Marinette jumped behind the bench. She always did that and I never understood why.

Alya dragged her up and gave us an apologetic look "Whatcha need?".

"Well we were thinking maybe...you guys could...go to see a movie with u-us t-tonight?" Nino asked nervously.

I didn't get why he still got nervous around Alya. I mean he knew she liked him and that wouldn't change no matter what he said, unless completely catty. I mentally laughed at my attempt of a cat pun. Even as Adrien I still have my good jokes.

"Definitely" Alya smiled while glancing over to Marinette, "Does that sound good?"

Marinette started hastily nodding her head "I'd to love...love to!"

"G-great!" Nino shouted as we walked away.

"Nino you can chill with the stuttering." I laughed.

He looked at me with pleading eyes "How do I stop it!?"

"Just...be yourself and be cool!" I suggested.

"Which one? I can't be both!"

I laughed "Just don't think about it"

He nodded and confidently perambulated home. I soon made my way to my house as well to get ready. When I was ready I walked downstairs and left and then it hit me. Was Nino trying to set up a double date? He couldn't...he wouldn't. Not without telling me and I'm pretty sure Marinette knows nothing about this so she wouldn't have planned it. I had to trust Nino.

As soon as I got there Nino was standing there waiting. Alya and Marinette were no where in sight.

"Hey dude" Nino greeted while fist bumping me. A diminutive second after I got there, Alya and Marinette showed up.

"Hey guys" I smiled. Marinette quickly hid behind Alya. What was with that girl?

"Hey, pardon Marinette she's a bit out of it today" Alya said while jabbing Marinette in the side.

"Owww" She cried while hitting Alya back. Nino and I laughed as we watched them bicker for a second before Marinette stepped forward.

We went into the movie and I sat next to Nino and Marinette. In the middle of the movie I looked to my side and saw that Nino and Alya were holding hands. I glanced at Marinette and she looked up for a second, but soon her face became extremely red and she looked back to the screen. Again, what is with this girl?

A large crash came from behind us and we saw a bus stuck in the wall. I needed to transform! I tried to find the best way out. When I looked to my side Marinette was already gone. Everyone was in shock and she just zoomed out without any consideration. How odd.

"Plagg! Claws out!" I shouted as soon as I got around the corner. Once I was in my alter ego I dashed out of the building to find Ladybug.

"Pleasure to see you my lady" I smirked while kissing her hand. She rolled her eyes. I sighed. One day she will see how we're meant to be together.

I flew from roof to roof, trying to catch up to Ladybug. She looked really deep in thought as we looked out onto the scene.

"So buggaboo, how do you suppose we fix this cat-astrophe?" I questioned with a confident tone.

She gave out a slight laugh, but soon cut it "This is no time for jokes Chat!"

I shrugged "That wasn't a joke...it was only a pun."

She sighed "Whatever! We need to focus on the incoming boat hurtling our way!"

I ducked along with Ladybug "A warning would have been nice!"

"I did warn you!" She yelled while flinging herself to the streets.

"Chat! A little help!" She shouted while using her lucky charm. I joined her and fought against the akumatized victim.

She took a moment to process what to do and then she bolted into action. I assumed to follow her lead like normal and we, once again, won.

"Pound it"

My ring beeped and I knew I had to get out of there. "Until next time my lady" I winked as I went around the corner to transform back. I sighed. Will she ever fall for me?

I walked back to the theatre to find Nino and Alya outside waiting for me I think, but Marinette was no where in sight.

"What happened to you?" They both asked.

"I'm sorry I thought you guys were following!" I lied "Where's Marinette?"

"I don't know! I'm really worried!" Alya sighed.

Nino pulled her into a hug "She's fine! Ladybug and Chat Noir fixed everything and she's probably just lost"

She nodded. They were so cute together and the funny thing is I never would have expected them to go out with each other, but here they are. Maybe that's like Ladybug and I. She doesn't expect it to happen, but eventually it does! I can only hope!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello my small potatoes. (What even?)

Here's another chapter for y'all! Trust me! It will get more interesting as the plot progresses! I wanna know what you guys think so if you could, comment and let me know!

Thank you!
-Hayley