Chapter 2 Adrien's POV

I slowly walked back to my house. I knew I was going to be quite some trouble when I got there so I decided to stretch it. My father has gotten especially strict about going out since the constant akumatized victims attacks which is very convenient for me.

Screams came from the distance and I automatically turned to see someone flying while attacking people with...paper?

"Plagg I need to transform!" I whispered into my shirt, but all I got in response was the aggravating snores from my kwami. "Plagg!"

"W-what?!" He yawned.

I need to transform! Plagg! Claws out!"

I rushed into a roof near the akumatized victim to get a better look. Soon after I got there the amazing ladybug showed up by my side.

"Good day my lady"

"Her folder" she said intensely

"Excuse me? If there is something you are hiding from me than I would like to be informed" I demanded.

"The akuma! It's in her folder and it's almost as if I could just grab it with my yoyo!"

"Try it, there's always something new"

She did and surprisingly it worked and just like that we had the akuma. "Wow that didn't just happen, it was almost too easy".

"Hey, I'm not complaining"

She shrugged "Neither am I, but it was...odd"

"Well since we have plenty of time before we transform you wanna stay?"

"I'd love to, but I-" she started, but I cut her off.

"Have nothing"

"And you're completely right, okay I'll stay" she laughed. Her laugh was the most adorable thing ever. It was like it was an awkward nervous laugh, but she did it with so much confidence that it was the best thing in the world.

"So my lady, is there any chance I am going to be finding out your true identity any time soon?" I solicited.

"In your dreams kitty cat"

"Ouch, that hurt bugaboo" I said pretended to be deeply offended.

"You know we can't reveal out true identity...it's too dangerous" she explained.

"How is telling each other dangerous? It's only dangerous if everyone knows"

"I don't know... It just is" she sighed.

I nodded. I knew she was coming from. It feels like if anyone other than ourselves knew we would be put in mortal danger. As much as I wanted to know she was right.

My ring beeped and I knew I had to get going. I wanted to stay. I wanted to wait for her miraculous to wear off as well, but I couldn't. For the sake of me and especially ladybug.

I sighed while standing up "Goodbye my lady". Now I was ready to face the challenge that awaited me back at home.

"Adrien!" My father shouted as I walked in.

"H-hey there dad" I said nervously as I slowly started walking up the stairs.

"Where were you?" He interrogated.

"I was just at the park!" I explained.

He raised an eyebrow at me "Even after I specifically told you not to leave this house? Adrien, what am I going to with you? You never listen and I don't know when I will get through to you that when I tell you to stay here...you stay here!"

"I'm sorry dad" I mumbled under my breath.

"Louder Adrien" he demanded angrily.

"I'm sorry dad!" I shouted while storming to my room. He was totally unfair. He catches me sneaking in the house late at night one time and he completely freaked!

"What a bi-"

"Watch it Adrien" Plagg said while flying out of my shirt.

"Only if he knew! Then he wouldn't be a jerk and would let me save the world! He thinks he's super important, but Paris would be nothing without me!" I ranted.

"Don't forget Ladybug...she's actually the one who can de-evilize the akumas" Plagg reminded.

I agreed. I would be nothing without her. She is the brains and the power of the both of us and I'm just her funny, attractive partner. At least I know that if I'm locked here she can handle it. She would be able to handle it... Right?

The next day Nathalie walked into my room with a grim expression "Adrien your father is enforcing a lockdown due to your unacceptable behavior... There will be someone outside of your door and your windows will be locked so you can't get out. If you need anything call me".

She left the room and I heard a few beeps before metal slides came down on my Windows. This was unbelievable! Now I actually couldn't get out!

Just as things couldn't get worse, a news report came on about someone who made everyone turn into rabbits and how they relied on Ladybug and Chat noir. I couldn't let her down, but I couldn't get out. I had to let her know!

"Plagg! Claws out!" I yelled as I transformed into Chat noir. I quickly got out my staff and called Ladybug.

"Chat where are you?!" I hear her whisper. She sounded scared and unsure which made my stomach turn.

"I'm grounded and there are literally no ways to get out! I'm so sorry Ladybug!"

"I don't think I can do this on my own!" She sighed.

"I'll try as hard as I can"

"You owe me big time!" She snapped while ducking from an airborne bus.

I let her down. How could I have done this? What if she doesn't want to be partners anymore? I took a look around the room and plopped on the couch. The least I could do was keep up with the news. It didn't look like things were going too well.

I whispered "Use lucky charm Ladybug!"

I was correct... That was her next move. When she used that the rest was more easy and she had no problem taking the akuma. "See Plagg" I sighed "She's fine without me"

"Did you see how hard it was for her she's nothing without your help" Plagg persuaded.

"Why are you being so nice?" I questioned.

"I just want cheese" he pleaded.

I sighed while passing him some cheeses. Maybe Plagg was right... Or maybe I was.