“Where’s your aunt?” I had met her a few times and I really liked her.

            “She had to go to a meeting earlier.”

            “On a Saturday?”

            “Part of being a lawyer, I guess. They don’t really get weekends off.”

            “That must suck,” I said as we walked into the living room. The TV was on and I quickly realized that it was in descriptive video. “So what are you watching?”

            “The Simpsons.”

            “Awesome, I love that show. What season?”

            “Fifteenth. Do you have a favorite episode?”

            We sat on the couch together and discussed our favorite Simpson episodes for a while. We were in the middle of debating our favorite characters when Sophie appeared in the doorway. I looked over at her. “Hey, you ready to go?”

            “Yeah, sorry it took me so long. I lost track of time so I didn’t realize what time it was until you showed up.”

            “No problem. We were just discussing how Bart is the best Simpson character.”

            Blake snorted. “As if. Homer is so much better.”

            “You just keep telling yourself that. Next you’ll be telling me that Smithers is the best character.”

            He wrinkled his nose a little. “No way. That guy is disturbing.”

            I breathed a sigh of relief. “Well, at least we have that in common.” I turned back to Sophie who was watching us with amusement. “Let’s get out of here. I’m ready for some serious shopping.”

            Sophie grinned and flicked her blonde hair out of her eyes. “Great. See you later Blake.”

            He grunted in response and I rolled my eyes. Walking over to him, I smacked his shoulder. He scowled and rubbed at the spot. “Jesus you’re abusive. What was that for?”

            “Your cousin said bye. Aren’t you going to answer her?” When he stubbornly remained silent, I let out a breath and leaned closer to him. “If you don’t want them to treat you like a child, then don’t act like one.”

            Shock covered his face for a moment before being replaced with a blank expression. He turned his head in Sophie’s direction. “Have fun shopping.”

            Sophie seemed surprised, but she didn’t say anything. I smiled smugly. “Was that so bad?”

            “You’re so annoying. Go away.”

            I laughed. “You know you like me. Have fun watching The Simpsons.”

            “I will.”

            I walked out of the room with Sophie and we quickly left the house and climbed into my car. We arrived at the mall and got down to the serious business of shopping.

            Two hours later, I forced her to stop so we could have a coffee. I needed to get some of my energy back. We sat at a little café and ordered our drinks. Once they had arrived, Sophie looked at me. “You know, Blake has changed a lot since he met you.”