“Yes sir.” I replied.

“Call me John.” He said.

“Okay, John.” I said. I don’t know what it was but after that he wasn’t too bad. In fact I didn’t expect John to be the person he actually is. Even though this show I’ll be on is a kids show I still expected him to be really professional and all that, but he was the complete opposite.

He was really funny and entertaining. With all of the breaks, laughing, and cuts we had to made when we were filming I was actually surprised we got everything done and perfect. Honestly, it was a blast but I was just glad the day was over and I could go back home.

As I was waiting for my dad to come back around and pick me up, Teala walked out and sat next to me.

“So, had fun?” He smiled.

“Yeah, a ton!” I smiled.

“So Connor, do you think we can get some late lunch after this?” She asked me. I frowned at her.

“Uh, I don’t know. I think my dad wants me to be home for something. I’m really sorry.” I apologized.

“Oh, you still live with your parents?” She asked me. I didn’t know whether I should have been offended by that, or the fact that it did seem weird that I was still living with my parents.

Like I said, I’m a twenty-year old college student. But because my father has controlled my life and made me into this popular YouTuber, he made me drop out. Now I’m stuck again living under his roof and living by his rules for god knows how long.

“Yeah...” I said gritting my teeth together. “My dad wanted to come here to California with me and everything so we just decided to live together. Hopefully it’s not permanent and he’ll move out soon or something but I don’t know. It’s not that bad.” I lied.

Teala looked and me and nodded pretending to look like she knew what was going on and was interested in what she was saying. Before long, my dad rolled up to the side of the street and yelled at me through the open window.

“Bye Teala.” I smiled.

“Bye Connor.” She flirted back. Once I hopped into the car and drove off, my dad made things quite awkward.

“Who’s that?” He asked me as we were at a stoplight.

“Her name is Teala.” I said.

“And what does Teala do?” He pounced.

“She acts and does YouTube videos like a lot of people.” I said.

“Connor, I don’t want you hanging out with her.” He yelled back.

“Excuse me?” I shot back. I swear that every person I meet he doesn’t like. No matter how nice the person is or how much fun I have with them I’m always banned. He was the one who got to choose my friends, not me and I fucking hated it.

“What did I fucking say! I told you to never ask questions and talk back to me you fucking shit!” He spat. I glared at him and looked down at my lap playing with my phone. One thing he also didn’t control was the people I could call and text. I think he trusts me enough that I wouldn’t disobey and text or call anyone he didn’t like but like I said as far as he knows, I only text and call people he likes.

All of a sudden my phone buzzes and I notice that Jc’s named pops up onto the screen. I quickly opened up the text and read it:

From: Jc

Heard you were going to be on AwesomenessTv in a few weeks. I’m so happy for you bro. You deserve all of this

I didn’t know what to say, honestly. I love Jc so much but half the time we talk we always talk about YouTube. I don’t blame him especially because he actually doesn’t understand how much I hate talking about it because I always end up lying about something. It makes me really guilty that I have to lie to him, and it sucks.