chapter five.

CHAPTER FIVE —
( I've knocked out Adolf Hitler over 200 times. )

────────────────

────────────────

EVELYN AND STEVE
HYDRA, Krausberg

        Evelyn asked Howard if he could fly a plane towards the HYDRA base and he immediately agreed, knowing that Evelyn would be able to look after herself with ease and that Steve would also be there to watch her back.

"The HYDRA camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountain ranges." Peggy pointed at the map in front of her. "It's a factory of some kind."

"We should be able to drop you two right on the doorstep," Howard informed them from the pilot seat.

"Just get us as close as you can," Steve told him.

"You know, you two are gonna be in a lot of trouble when you land," Evelyn told Peggy and Howard.

"Wouldn't be the first time, Evie," Howard said.

"And you won't?" Peggy asked.

"Where we're goin', if anybody yells at us, we can just shoot 'em," Steve told her.

"They will undoubtedly shoot back," Peggy said.

"Well, let's hope it's good for somethin'." Steve patted his shield.

Evelyn leaned over and placed two fingers onto the shield and then easily beat it. "I can bend it with two fingers, Steve," Evelyn told him.

"Don't break it yet. It may be useful," he bent it back.

"Evie, when you get back, I think we need to go out again in Lucerne for our monthly late-night fondue," Howard said.

"Sure thing, Howie," Evelyn rolled her eyes. She made sure that her holster held her two pistols and that a shotgun was strapped to her back.

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him," Peggy told Steve.

"So are you two...?" Steve looked at Evelyn and gestured to Howard, "Do you...? Fondue?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow, having no idea what he was talking about.

Peggy cut off the awkward tension. "This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us straight to you two." Peggy gave Evelyn the device.

"Are you sure this thing works?" Steve asked Howard.

"It's been tested more than you, pal," Howard replied, causing Evelyn to chuckle.

Then suddenly, the plane was under attack. Bombs were being shot all around it, rocking the plane around. Steve and Evelyn quickly stood up and Steve hurried towards the exit of the plane. Evelyn made her way towards Howard and crouched down beside him.