chapter four.

CHAPTER FOUR —
( Star Spangled Man. )

────────────────

────────────────

EVELYN, CHACE AND STEVE
Italy, 107th Infantry

          Evelyn and Peggy were in London for only a couple of months and Evelyn couldn't help but wonder how Steve was doing the entire time she was there. Shortly after moving to London, Evelyn heard the news of Captain America who had become the face of advertisements for people to buy bond supplies to help the US Army. It definitely helped. Men, women and children loved watching the shows and everyone had heard and talked about it even while Evelyn would be standing in meetings conversing over what HYDRA was up to; where they thought their bases were and how different their weapons seemed to be from Howard Stark's. It didn't take long for Evelyn to catch news that Captain America was, in fact, Steve Rogers. She felt bad for him. All Steve wanted to do was help save the world, to help fight in the army, but instead, he became a performer.

A couple of times while Evelyn was stationed in London, she was surprised to receive letters from Steve Rogers about what he was up to and asking Evelyn whether she was staying safe. Evelyn couldn't respond to the letters, however, because Steve seemed to be moving from city to city every other day, but she decided to respond to all of Steve's letters with hopes that one day they'd see each other again and kept them all together in a box so that she could hand him her letters and he could read them. There were only a few of them, maybe seven, but Evelyn felt bad if she didn't write back.

A couple of months later, Evelyn was shipped off to Italy after hearing that the 107th Infantry Regiment were attacked by HYDRA, leaving only around a hundred men with very few supplies. Captain America just so happened to be performing for the soldiers at the camp a couple of days later and Evelyn knew that it wouldn't go down well. Evelyn stood at the back of the audience beside a soldier she met the day before, Chace Jones to watch the performance.

"How many of you are ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?" Steve called out to the soldiers followed by some very awkward silence. Evelyn immediately felt bad for him. "Okay. Uh...I need a volunteer?"

"I already volunteered! How do you think I got here?" Some man yelled out. The crowd of soldiers laughed, including Chace, and after the look Evelyn sent his way, Chace immediately stopped. "Bring back the girls!" All the male soldiers cheered.

"You should go up there," Chace told her. "I'm sure you would look pretty good in the girls costume."

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Yeah, sure thing."

"I think they only know the one song. But um...let me...I'll...I'll see what I can do," Steve told the crowd.

"You do that, sweetheart," another called out.