chapter two.

CHAPTER TWO —
( I don't like bullies, no matter where they come from. )

────────────────

────────────────

AGENT PARRISH
Camp Lehigh, New Jersey

Evelyn arrived at Camp Lehigh in New Jersey to start the Strategic Scientific Reserve training for the Super Soldier test trials a day after the flying car fiasco in New York. Men turned her way when she passed, some laughing at her because they believed that a woman should not be in the army, and some giving her flirtatious glances, wanting to just get in her pants.

"Agent Parrish!" A woman with a British accent called out, making Evelyn turn around. Peggy Carter was power walking up to her friend, a mischievous grin playing on her lips. 

"Yes, Agent Carter?" Evelyn asked, a grin of her own making its way onto her lips.

"Colonel Phillips wants us to meet all the recruits. Roughen them up. That sort of thing," Peggy said.

Evelyn smirked. "Let's do it,"

The two women began to walk toward a group of men all chosen to participate in a trial where one of them would become America's first Super Soldier. "Recruits, attention!" Peggy called. All of the men straightened up and held their heads up higher, before frowning at the two women that were instructing them.

"Gentleman, I am Agent Parrish and this is Agent Carter. We supervise all operations for this division," Evelyn informed them as she and Peggy walked down the line of men.

"Shouldn't you be off snoggin' Howie Starky?" One of the men spoke up.

Evelyn smiled lightly as she stopped and turned to face the man who spoke. "I'm sorry, did you say something, soldier?"

He grinned as he shared glances with the soldier beside him. "I think you heard me."

"What's your name, soldier?" Peggy asked.

"Gilmore Hodge, your Majesty," he did a little bow to Peggy. "What's with the accent, Queen Victoria? Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army."

Peggy and Evelyn shared looks, silently deciding on who should have the honours in putting him in his place. Peggy nodded towards Evelyn who smirked.

"Step forward, Hodge." Hodge stepped up closer to Evelyn, the two almost seeing eye to eye. "Put your right foot forward." He placed his right foot forward.

"Ooh, we gonna wrastle?" Peggy gave everyone in the line a clipboard with notes about what they would be doing and what the tryouts were for. "'Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like."