Heartbreak and Lies- Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

                “You really hurt me with that, Elizabeth,” Draco said seriously, “I know you can take care of yourself, but for once you need to let someone take care of you. Besides, call me greedy, but I don’t want you away from me.”

                “I don’t want to leave you but I have to,” Elizabeth kissed him quickly; “I promise I will be back as soon as my shift is over.”

                Elizabeth went to work that evening but Draco was in her thoughts all night long. All the things he told her made her realize how truly lonely Draco had been most his life. All the people who had been in his life had never been his true friends; they only pretended to be because of his family’s name and status.  Sure he had done some bad things and had treated people badly, but that was not who he truly was. Draco had been a victim of his family upbringing, the same as she had. The only difference was that his parents had something to do with him, while hers acted as if she didn’t exist.

                Draco was waiting on her outside the coffee shop when her shift was over. It was raining and he put the umbrella up over her head, “I bet you didn’t bring an umbrella with you, did you?” he laughed at the look she gave him, “See, you need someone to look after you. And I didn’t like the thought of you traveling these streets late by yourself.”

                Elizabeth wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. They had not been apart long but she missed him awfully, “What would I do without you?” she asked with a smile on her lips, her sea blue eyes looking into his. And she meant it. She could feel herself falling hard for this man.

                Elizabeth and Draco made it back to his room at the Leaky Cauldron and spent the night in each other’s arms. It was the third morning Elizabeth spent with him and she had just gotten out of the bath when there was a knock on the door to his room. Elizabeth was in the bathroom but she heard the knock as she was dressing.

                Draco went to the door wondering who it could be and whether he should open the door. He knew he shouldn’t have because there stood his father, Lucius Malfoy. Draco was older now, but his father still intimidated him. Lucius’s long blond hair had turned silver and all he had been through with the Dark lord had aged him, but he was still the same hard man.

                “Would you like to tell me why on earth you are staying here?” his father asked harshly.

                “I don’t think it’s any of your concern, father,” Draco said strongly.

                Lucius walked into the room as if he owned the place, looking around disgustedly. He started picking up a few things that were lying around. First he picked up a lacey camisole that Elizabeth had worn under her shirt just last night. He flung it aside in displeasure and then he found the sketch book that belonged to Elizabeth, the sketch she had done of Draco right there for Lucius to see.

                “What is all this?” Lucius asked angrily, “You should be home with your wife and child, not here frolicking with some little slut.”

                “This is none of your business,” Draco said in anger, “I am not going back to Astoria. I never loved her and only married her to please you.”

                “Look Draco, you can have your little fun. That is fine. But you will not leave your wife and there will not be a divorce. Do you know how upset Astoria was when she came to us? And poor little Scorpius misses his father.”