» Thirty-First Burn

Start from the beginning

"Can we have alone time?" she asked, yanking me lightly.

I gulped and looked away from her pleading eyes.  "Of course."

Silently, we made our way to the cheerleader's locker room. She sat first and before I do, she pulled me on her lap, embracing my waist tight.

I heard her sighed again so I got nervous.  Was this about yesterday? Was she feeling sorry for me because she didn't love me back?

"My Aunt faked the documents," she started and I pulled a confused face.

"She wasn't the rightful heir to my grandmother's property including her company," she continued. "And Elric was away when that happened. He is a lawyer and sort of my grandma's right hands."

"And?"  I asked, stroking her hair, and arranged myself to listen to her thoughtfully.  Her eyes were staring down at our linked hands, declining to look at me.  But I could feel her. I could feel that there was something wrong. And now I began to dislike this Elric because I knew he was the very reason why is my Quinn was like this.

"He wants me to go back."

My heart skipped. She would be away from me? With my brows crumpled together, I somberly asked her,  "D-Do you want to?"

She shook her head briefly and stared up at me.  She was uncovered.  Her eyes shown a lot of different emotions and from that, I knew she was thinking a lot of things.  "I don't want to go back," she whispered before burying her face in my neck so I embraced her tighter. I almost didn't hear her answer because it sounded helpless. She wanted to stay so bad.

"I'm the rightful heir and Elric said someday I'll take care of it so he wanted me to go back and learn how to do it earlier than necessary. Your Dad is my only hope. Maybe he can convince him for me to stay here. "

"I'm sure Dad can do it," I guaranteed her, kissing her forehead.  "He knows how badly you want to be here with us."

Quinn pouted before she nuzzled her nose to mine. "Can you feel my nose?"

I burst out laughing at her question. She was amazing.  She could make all things right in just a twinkle of an eye.  "Yes, my angel. I can feel you," I answered and kissed her softly.  "Can you feel my lips?"

As our eyes sealed with each other, she smiled forlornly before she leaned down and rested her head over my chest.  "I can hear your heart."

Sighing, I pulled her face up gently, raining kisses on her lips.  "I'm sure Dad can convince him. Don't worry about it, okay? "

This time she smiled sincerely and nodded her head.  I knew it because her dimples exposed deeply in her cheek. Bending down, she towed my collar and kissed the scar in my heart. 

She gazed up to me and looked intensely into my eyes. "I love you, Risa."

I forgot to breathe and I felt my heart was beating out of my chest. My eyes held hers and it felt like forever.  It was timeless and those words couldn't even match how she looked at me passionately. It was full of love that I've never felt before. I could die right now but before that, I spoke with my heart and responded, "I love you too."

She grinned happily and I pulled her to me closely, kissing her softly. She licked my lower lips, asking for entrance and I willingly let her tongue explore mine... to deepen our kisses. We didn't fight for dominance.  We were just savoring this moment together. And I hope everything would be all right.

.......

After school, we headed to Aunt Claire's house to talk about it further. Quinn was so edgy the entire ride home while I held her hand firmly to my lap. I didn't know what this Elric and my Dad talked about during school hours. He said he needed 'a time' to talk about something but they were inside my Dad's office until the school event ended. We were just cuddling inside the cheerleader's locker room until my girls showed up, looking for me. Someone with a parrot won the competition but I didn't ask for more because I was busy soothing my girlfriend in need. I grinned stupidly when I remembered how she told me she loved me.