invited

The end of the day came and I quickly put everything into my bag. I didn't want to stay behind and be the last one in the classroom. I wanted to be the first one out because for all I knew, Areum could be waiting to sneak attack me when I'm alone or something along those lines.

Once everything was in my bag, I put my backpack on my back and quickly started walking down the hall. 

Before I could make it to the exit someone wrapped their arm around my shoulder. I looked to my side to see who it was, and I was surprised to see it was Taehyung. I was a bit glad it wasn't Areum, at least with Taehyung around I know for a fact Areum won't come up to me and try sneak attacking me. 

"What was up with you at lunch today...was it because of the overseas studying thing? I knew I shouldn't have told you." Taehyung says, looking down with a frown on his face. 

"It's fine Taehyung, I'd rather you tell me then keep it a secrete" I explain, and that was actually the truth. 

"Taehyung, could I talk to you for a second. It's about the overseas studying thing I was telling you at lunch today." A teacher says, calling out to Taehyung. 

Taehyung looked at the teacher and then back at me, like he was asking me for permission if it was okay to go over to him and talk to him about it. 

"Go" I say, lightly pushing him away from me so he could speak to the teacher.

"Okay, wait for me here I'll be right back" Taehyung says, squeezing my hand before leaving me to go and talk to the teacher. 

I leaned my back against the wall so I wasn't blocking anyone else walking down the hallway, to get out of the school. I was looking down at my feet when I saw someone's feet stop in front of me. It was a girl. I already knew it was Areum, but I was a bit too intimidated to look up at her. 

"Hoseok?" Areum says in a quiet tone, her voice sounded so pretty and soft. 

I slowly looked up to see Areum looking at me with her big shimmering eyes. I looked back into her eyes for a split seconds before directing my gaze somewhere else. Sh-She's so pretty and she smells so good, I can't believe Taehyung broke up with her for me. "Yes?" I quietly say, still not looking at her. 

"I wanted to know if you wanted to come to my party tomorrow?" 

"Party?" I repeat, looking at her confused and surprised that she was inviting me. 

"Yeah, my birthday party is tomorrow and I guess no one invited you when I told them to. Here, this is where my house is, it's where the party is being held at." Areum says, handing me a piece of paper. 

I took the piece of paper from her hand and looked down at it for a second or so. "I-I don't know, I've never been to a party before." I explain, trying to make an excuse for saying I couldn't go. 

I didn't want to admit to her that I would be way too socially awkward to even go into the house, not to mention if I did get into the house and it's like those parties I see in movies, I'd have an anxiety attack. 

"It'll be fine" Areum says in a smile, lightly touching my arm. 

I looked at her hand as she lightly grabbed my arm and I looked back at her as she stared at me. "I-I thought you hated me?" I quietly ask, making sure she was the only one who had heard. 

"I did hate you in the beginning...but you know what, we're both Taehyung's ex's and we don't deserve him! We're in this together and we should celebrate that we're not dating some jerk like him anyway! We're too good for him." Areum says in a confident smile. 

"T-Taehyung still considers me a friend though..." I say while lying, if Areum thinks Taehyung and I ever have dated and now we've broken up, it's better her thinking that then her knowing he broke up with her for me. 

"I'm not talking about friendship here, Taehyung and I are still friends as well. I'm talking about it can just be a time to forget about our bad relationship we had with him. A ton of people are going to be there, it'll take your mind off of your past relationship with him. I also invited your friend Yoongi so you won't be alone." Areum says in a smile and I nodded. 

"I-I'll think about it" I stutter. 

"Please do, I really want you there Hoseok...I told Yoongi he could bring whoever he wanted, just don't invite Taehyung." She explains and I hesitantly nodded. 

"I hope to see you there tomorrow." She says, rubbing my arm before turning around and walking away from me so she could leave the school. 

I watched her as she walked away and then I looked down at the piece of paper with her address on it. Should I really go? 

"Hoseok, you going home now?" Yoongi asks, coming up to me with a smile on his face. 

"U-Um yeah, I'm waiting for Taehyung" I explain, pointing to the teachers office where he had walked into. 

"I see...hey did you get invited to Areum's birthday party? She just invited me and she told me to bring whoever I want. Could I bring Jimin, that is if you don't mind. I don't want things being awkward if I bring him." Yoongi explains. 

"I don't mind" I say in a quiet tone. 

"That's great, I'll text him right now and I'll wait for Taehyung with you" Yoongi says, pulling out his cellphone from his pocket and probably texting Jimin. 

Yoongi and I waited  for a while longer until Taehyung actually came out with a tired look on his face. "What'd you get in trouble for?" Yoongi asks as we all started walking out of the school. 

"I wasn't in trouble, my teacher is just suggesting I do some overseas schooling. He says it would be a good experience for me." Taehyung explains, telling Yoongi everything he had told me at lunch time. 

"That sounds fun, and it's totally different in foreign schools then it is here in Korea. They're more laid back about work but you still have to work just as hard." Yoongi explains and Taehyung nodded. 

"Oh yeah you came from America. My teacher says he doesn't know if I'm going to America though, he says if I do consider doing it I'll be going to Canada." Taehyung explains. 

Yoongi and Taehyung were just talking about different schools but I was blocking out everything they were saying. They were talking between each other so much that I think they even forgot I was even there. 

I went to my bus stop and waited for my bus. Once my bus actually came, I went on without saying goodbye to them and went straight home.

On the way home all I could be thinking about was Areum's party and if I should really go or not.

I got home and surprisingly no yelling, but I then remembered someone hit the ground this morning. Which one of them hit the ground, are they still in the kitchen? Once I took off my shoes, I slowly walked towards the kitchen. I hesitated to look into the kitchen but once I took up enough courage to do so, no one was inside. 

"Hoseok" I heard my mother say and I quickly turned around to see her standing behind me. I would have lied if I said I didn't scream a bit because I was so startled. 

"A-Are you okay, where's dad?" I ask, observing her to see if there were any injuries no her body, but she looked unharmed. 

"Oh your father... he won't be back for a long while...you might not ever see him again." My mother says, walking past me to go into the kitchen. 

I looked down and started shaking. What she said and the tone of voice she said it in, made it seem like she killed him. D-Did she, did my mother kill my father?! 

"I'm going to bed!" I say, running up into my bedroom and locking the door behind me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was kind of a short chapter I guess, and I ended it off on a horrible place. I only ended it off here because I'm suppose to go sleep over somewhere for the week and I haven't started packing yet but I'm getting picked up in twenty minutes. Ah I'm freaking out but whatever. Thank you for reading, it means a lot.