Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"Okay class, make sure you hand your essays in by the end of the week. Remember you can't do this piece at home so if you want to put in any extra hours you have to do it in this building." Mr. Styles voice rang through the classroom as people started packing away and leaving.

"Hey, you never said how your date with Dakota went?" Aria asked walking towards the door with me.

"It was fun, he's seems great." I replied keeping it blunt.

"That's great, you need to start putting yourself out there." Aria responded walking out of the classroom. It was the end of the day so I left the building, ready to start walking home. Instead I became face to face with Dakota.

"What are you doing here?" I asked pulling him into a big hug.

"I thought I would come and pick you up so you didn't have to walk." He smiled at me and his eyes twinkled, he looks like something I wrote in a book.

"Thank you." I said climbing into his car. We must have been driving for only 3 minutes when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello is this Skylar Marin?" A man on the other end asked.

"Speaking." I responded.

"I am calling in regards to that burner phone you inquired about. We couldn't find any records of someone picking them up from a store but we did find a billing address that the company sent them to."

"Okay can I please have that address, anything would be helpful." I asked.

"We can't give these details over the phone." The man said causing me to huff and sigh.

"Please, I need this address. Can't you just make this a one-time thing?" There was silence on the other end, he was pondering my request.

"Okay, just this once but you can't tell anyone I told you this." Hi voice was hushed and I sighed in relief getting out my notebook and pen to write it in.

"Thank you so much." I said.

"Okay the billing address was a container unit down on Bronson Avenue, we don't know the exact number of the bin we just know that it was the storages down there. I'm sorry it's so little."

"No it's fine, it's fine. Thank you for your help." I said. Fuck. I am going to have to go down there later on today. Maybe I'll get Dakota to drop me off.

"Miss?" The voice said.

"Yeah?"

"Please be careful, whatever you're doing. I watch a lot of movies and things like this never go well." He said.

"Thank you but I'll be fine." I responded and then hung up the phone.

"Everything okay?" Dakota asked.

"Yeah everything's fine. Can we take a small detour? You know that storage place down on Bronson, can we go there?" I asked trying to seem a little inconspicuous.

"Yeah sure. Do I want to know why?" He asked.

"My mom just wants me to check it out, we have a lot of crap in our house that she can't really get rid of so I guess she wants to put it into storage." I lied, getting really good at this. After a quick detour and some small talk in the car we arrived at the unit.

"I won't be long but you can go if you want." I said unbuckling my seatbelt.

"No it's okay I'll wait." Dakota smiled. I climbed out of the car and made my way to the office.