Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Parents evening.

It's tomorrow. It's happening, my father is coming and I have no stay in stopping it. To say I don't want to go tomorrow, is a complete and utter understatement- I cannot even begin to describe the amount of dread that is pooling at the pit of my stomach; Mr. Styles knows too much for comfort. 

I can't even concentrate on this maths homework because my mind is tormenting me with images and scenarios of what's going to happen tomorrow. However, A is quiet which I am grateful for. I groaned throwing my work all over the floor. I give up. My mother knocked on the door and popped her head through. She saw my work lying on the floor and then glanced at me with worry crossing her features.

"Everything okay?" She asked sounding sceptical.

I gritted my teeth and gave her a fake smile. "Yeah."

"This is about tomorrow night isn't it." She stated. I gasped, sarcasm blatantly obvious.

I bought my hand up to my mouth and widened my eyes. "Why mother, what makes you say that?" She giggled and nudged me playfully. "Seriously, does he really have to come?" I asked.

"He is determined. I know you don't want him there but he is going to show up. I'm sorry." I pouted at her and huffed.

"How are you anyway?" I asked. When it comes to what happened, my mother and I don't really talk about it. She has little to no evidence on her face apart from the scar from the first time. My point is, we don't like talking about it.

"I'm okay, he stays away." My mother said getting straight to the point.

"Good." I retorted. I looked at the clock and saw the time. "Mom stay with me and watch a movie." I asked, well more like stated.

"Okay. I'll get the movie, you get ready for bed." She said. I went to the bathroom and changed into some checked Christmas bottoms and a white lace tank top. It would be Christmas soon which meant we would be flying off to Hawaii. I lay down next to my mom on the bed, the only light coming from the TV.

"Focus." Mom said winking at me. She knew I had a thing for Will Smith, I'm not going to deny it- I am absolutely in love with him. "Hawaii in a couple of weeks."

"I know, I'm really excited to just get away and be by the beach and underneath the sun." I said with a smile on my face. This conversation seemed so relaxed and normal it made me feel like my old self- just with a better relationship with my mother. Thinking about it now, it's so sad that such an awful incident bought my mother and I closer but in a way, I'm glad it did; we need all the family we can get.

"Don't worry about your father being there tomorrow. Just pretend he isn't there" My mother said reassuringly.

"Don't worry-" I started copying her. "-I plan to." I finished sleepily. I heard her chuckle lowly next to me and with that, we watched the rest of the film in silence.

I walked downstairs clad in denim jeans and an off the shoulder black shirt. I saw my father at the breakfast table and tried to brace myself. I went down and fished out a bowl and some cornflakes from the cupboards. I made myself some cereal and sat on the opposite side to my father.

"Good morning." He said to me. I ignored him completely and started eating a little quicker so I could get out of this situation.

"Sky?" I ignored him still. "Sky." If my mom wasn't in the house I would tell him to not-so-politely fuck off. "Skylar, since I am attending your parental meetings tonight I suggest that you start acting civil."

"God you have some fucking balls you do." I glared at him.

"I beg your pardon young lady." He looked shocked, I couldn't care less.