Chapter Eight: Face to Face

Harry turns off this phone. It's been a long day. Our story is out. I can see the headlines, hash-tags, tweets, post, everything.

"No going back now." Harry said as he dropped his arm around me.

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'.

"What do we do know?" He asked.

"Face the world, including everyone who's waiting for us." I said. I made myself pull away from him; it was harder than it sounded. I held out my hand. Looking up at me, his eyes shined. A shine I only have seen when he's on stage, where's he's the happiest. Once he was up, we look out over the city it was almost dark.

But it was bright, glowing with city lights. Laughter echoed from the streets below. He doesn't let go of my hand the whole way back, and truth is, for once I don't mind. I want to hold his hand, I want to talk with him, and to just be with him. This is the Harry I know. This is the Harry I'm falling for.

"Do you think it'll be okay if we ate first?" My stomach grows right away on cue.

His smile grew wide, "Yes!" His laughter fills me up.

We pick a pizza place a few blocks away from the hotel.

"Welcome." The young lady from behind the counter said. "What would you like?" She looked up for the first time.

Her eyes wide but she tried to cover it up by giving up an even wider smile.

"Large, half, four meats and the other half Hawaiian. Two waters." I was surprised that he knew my favorite kind of pizza. I can't remember the last time I had pizza it had to be weeks ago.

Handing me my cup, he noticed my surprised look.

"I'll bring it out when it's ready!" She smiled.

"Why surprised?" He asked, sliding into the booth.

"It's just, we haven't had pizza in forever." I looked away "We weren't really talking when we did."

"Doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention." He said, bumming his leg against mine.

Not sure what I should do or say next. Knowing that things would get better, well, between us.

"Do you think the others were watching?" I asked.

The lady behind the counter brought over are pizza with two plates.

Sitting the plates to the side we each picked up a piece. The cheese melted in my mouth and the little yellow fruit burst with sweetness.

"Not sure."

"I hope so." Taking a drink.

"We're in this together."

I wish I could tell him that I am scared. Scared of what people would say, facing my parents, the guys, his fans. But also scared of losing him.

"Yea' together." I said smiling, even though I am scared to death.

We finished eating.

"We should bright some pizza for the others." I said.

He laughs lightly "Yeah' the guys will go easier if there's food."

I couldn't help but smile.

We both stood outside the hotel, watching. Squeezing his hand he leads the way in. I was expecting to see Jack, my parents, the guys, someone; but oddly it was quiet.

"I don't like this." I said looking around.

"Let's go."

We texted all the guys, telling them to come to Harry's room. A few seconds later knocking. Our eyes meet, swallowing, he opened the door. Four pairs of eyes just watched us.

"I have pizza?" It came out as a question. Louis and Niall smiled, coming in. That left Liam and Zayn. Holding my breath they came in. Harry shut the door before turning, watching us. I held open the boxes for the guys to take before I sat it down. Harry sat next to me on the bed as the others sat where ever there was a spot.

Harry went to speak.

"We saw the video man." Louis said with a mouth full of pizza.

"Really?" I asked, looking at each of them.

"I just don't get why, you didn't tell us." Liam said.

"I wanted but Jack and the..."

"You pick now to listen to Jack?"

"It wasn't just Harry or Jack. The judge said if we didn't follow what he wanted he would tell..."

"The world found out anyways." Niall said.

My eyebrows smash together. I am not going to say anything, either way, they seem to be madder at Harry than me, that doesn't make me feel any better. Before I knew it my eyes were burning. But before anyone could notice the door opened, Jack.