Chapter Five: Second Fight to the Answers

"It's not what you think." Shannon said walking closer.  

"I... um... " I couldn't get a sentence out.

Harry was now looking at me with a puzzled look then back to Shannon and Louis.

My eyebrows scrunch together. "Have you been there the whole time?"

"You didn't see me come in... so yeah. Girl, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just... what were you doing?"

"I could ask you the same thing or better yet, what are you thinking?"

Not her too. I can't take all of these people being mad or upset.

"Why are you mad?" I took one step closer.

"You've known about us this whole time and you know how I've been feeling about Harry..."

"It's not that!" She cut me off.

"I don't get it then."

"It's the fact you ran off today."

"I am the one you run to, not from." her eyes were filled with hurt.

"I." I paused, wishing I knew how to describe how I was feeling. "I needed to breathe."

"Yet, Harry was fine being there." Anger now filled her face.

"He found me, you didn't." I snapped at her.

I knew that would hurt her, right after I said I wish I didn't.

"Whatever." She crossed her arms over her chest and turned. Shannon's back was now towards me, she faced Louis.

"We're going to go." Louis said.

He walked over and took Shannon's arm pulling her with him. I just watched them.

"You two stay as long as you want." He said before opening the door and leaving.

I just stared at the door. 'Open, come back.' I said to myself.

This was Shannon's and my first real fight. If you don't count the one in fifth grade over which band was the best we didn't speak for four days. That was our only and longest fight until now.

"Riley?" Harry step closer.

"Harry, what are we doing?"

He looked at me puzzled.

"Riley?" He said again, his voice was soft, filled with so many different feelings; I voice I've never heard from him.

"Harry, I mean it, what are we really doing?"

"I'm falling..."

"Yes, but look at all the people we've hurt! Our family, friends, your fans. I not sure if..." Harry grabbed me and kissed. I wanted to kiss him back but I couldn't; I pulled away.

"Harry." He placed his forehead to mine. I could smell him, he smelt sweet, right.

I pulled away, pain shot through me. Not looking at his face as I knew he would be hurt by my action.

"Harry." I sat down. "What are we really doing?"

He knelt in front of me, reaching out he lifted my chin so he could see my face.

My eyes burned with tears but I was going to cry, not now.

"We will work this out." He was still in his ridiculous outfit as so was I. But at this moment I never felt like I belonged anywhere more, then with him, in this mess.

"Okay." I said looking at him.

"Let's do this." A smile slipped across his face

"Do what?"

Standing up he took my hand, he leads me to my room where I changed, then to his room; he changed too. People tried to talk to us, but we didn't stop, we didn't talk. He and I both knew what we were going to do. I was going to follow Harry, out of us two, he seemed like he knew what to do. And for what he was going to do, I wasn't sure.

Harry came out of his bathroom, his hair done.

"Can you grab that?" He pointed over to a black laptop bag.

"Sure?" I picked it up and handed it to him.

"What are we..."

"Like I said, telling our story." He dropped the strap around him, taking my hand he leads the way.

Stepping out of the room a voice started to call Harry. It was Jake, but Harry just kept walking. The elevator shut, Harry pushed all the buttons.

"Why, did you do that?"

"He won't know what floor we're getting off of know." He smiled his 'trouble smile'.

Once outside, walking towards the building where they'll have their show at, Harry told me his plan. My eyes widen, my stomach filled.

"Let's do this." I swallowed.