The Battle of Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"INCOMING!" Someone yelled from the courtyard. Venice looked around to see the same black smoke-like substances she saw earlier from Snape fly around the air. The barrier in the sky had broken spots in it, causing the early arrival of some unwanted guests. Everyone proceeded to get their wands out. A few Death Eaters turned into their human form, and started fighting. It was about 1:00 in the morning by this point, and it was pitch black outside, causing the light from people's wands to be extra bright. "Crucio!" Venice heard Dean Thomas shout beside her. The Death Eater he was fighting fell to the ground in immense pain. "Avada Kedavra!" Dean then said with anger in his voice. The Death Eater fell dead. Venice looked up at him and smiled, when she noticed a Death Eater coming her way. "Stupefy!" She said, stunning it to the ground. More were coming her way, and to the surrounding people beside her. "Stupefy!" "Crucio!" "Expelliarmus!"

The duelling went on and on, until it seemed that the first wave of Death Eaters had passed. But, there was a rumbling between Venice and her schoolmate's feet. They all looked up to see Giants walking toward the courtyard, stomping their feet and swinging their bats. The stone Knights that were sent by McGonagall started attacking the Giants. One giant ended up defeated, and fell to the ground with a giant 'thud'. But there was about two more that came trotting into the courtyard. The whole group of students pointed their wands to them, and started firing spells. It seemed to work, until the Giants realized that they had the better power; they started swinging their bats and scooping up students. They stomped their feet, making the ground shake even more. Venice was tossed around, and she tried to stand up to gain her balance, when the ground took a sudden upshake that caused Venice to fall forward. She felt something sharp against her cheek as she fell. She hit the ground, and started to feel light-headed. But, she knew she had to get through this.

With all her might, she pushed herself up on a piece of fallen stone beside her. She put a hand to her cheek, and saw that her fingers were covered with her own blood immediately. She bent over to pick up her wand, which was luckily still intact, and was ready to fight again. Whooshing sounds of Death Eaters rung through her ears, and she saw them appear in front of her. "Hey, girlie," One of them called. Venice then remembered something. She stuffed her wand in her jacket, and put her hands in front of her. She thought of Pansy again (who knew?), and from her hands came the same bright green energy blasts from weeks before. The Death Eaters shook, as if they were electrocuted, then fell to the ground with burn marks on their bodies. Venice waved her hands toward the Death Eaters around the courtyard, being careful not to hit anybody that was on their side. Venice dropped the energy, and brought out her wand again, as she felt her hands getting a bit tired. Giant spiders started coming in the courtyard from the bridge that connected to it. "Stupefy!" She cursed at one of them, but it did nothing. "DURO!" She yelled. It froze, and started turning the familiar grey colour of stone. Venice turned to its friends, and cursed them too. "Crucio!" Someone cursed from behind her.

Venice felt pain flood through her body. It was so intense, her muscles felt like they would never move again. Suddenly, she felt it stop. Venice jumped up off the ground and pointed her hands toward the Death Eater. The green energy seared them alive. Venice grinned. "I see that you have not brought Harry Potter to me," Came Voldemort's voice again. Venice covered her ears with her hands; it felt like he was literally in her head. "My army will retreat! I will give you until 3:00 to get Harry Potter to me. If not, I gladly allow you to risk your lives. I will kill every man, woman, and child who is in affiliation with Harry Potter if you do not oblige by my rules," the voice finished. Venice uncovered her ears, and focused on her sight. She saw that the Death Eaters that were in the school grounds were Disapparating out, or flying in their little smoke. The spiders and Giants turned to cross the bridge again, walking away from Hogwarts. Everyone stopped fighting, and took a breather. 'Where was Harry, anyway?' Venice asked herself.

Draco couldn't take it anymore; he apparated as soon as he could to inside the school grounds, where somehow immediately he found Goyle and Zabini. "Come with me," he spoke harshly to them, grabbing them by the collars. He noticed everyone was flooding the same direction, hoping to get to the dining hall. The Dining hall was now acting as a hospital, and a place for the unfortunate deaths. He took them straight to the room of requirement.
But as he was walking, he couldn't help but think about Venice. Where was she right now? Was she still fighting? Was she helping Potter, fight against the forces his father so dearly tried to care for? He didn't know; he just hoped that she wasn't one of the people lying on the stretchers. He hoped she hadn't drawn her last breath.

Venice walked into the Dining Hall, scared of what she would see. She prepared herself for the worse; and that was what she got. Parvarti Patil and Professor Trelawney were covering up the unconscious body of Lavender Brown. Remus Lupin was lying on the ground, his hand inches away from Nymphadora Tonks'. Venice never knew them very well, but she knew Harry did. The thought of them dying together, with love, made her sad. Venice walked along the line, and saw the little body of Colin Creevey. He was the little Gryffindor who was known for being absolutely obsessed with Harry. Venice felt a tear roll down her cheek and onto her cut, which stung. She put her hand up to it, to wipe it off. Venice then heard a loud cry, coming from a voice that was familiar to her. She looked ahead to see George sitting on one of the benches of the lunch tables. He was staring down at the body in front of him. It looked exactly like him. "George? GEORGE!" Venice called, running over to him as fast as she could. "Venice, I-" "No, no, shhh," She said, sitting down beside him. Venice noticed the way Fred's lips were curled, that he died the way he loved living: laughing.

Venice leant over to kiss George's cheek, when she stopped midair. She couldn't focus. Her eyes swelled up with tears, as she turned her head to see the line-up of bodies on the ground. Venice noticed the clock at the front of the room read 5:00. It was two hours after Voldemort's deadline for Harry. Venice got up from the bench, took one last look at Fred Weasley, then walked right out of the Dining Hall. She turned to her right to look out to the courtyard. Everybody else was already crowding around the edges of it, looking defeated and slouched. The Dark Lord himself was standing in the middle of the courtyard, and behind him was his army of Death Eaters. Hagrid was also in the Death Eater's group, looking beaten up and in a horrible state. In Hagrid's arms was a dead Harry Potter.

From the front of the group, Ginny stepped forward to scream and run to Harry, but Mr. Weasley caught her. "Silly girl!" Voldemort said, in hysterics. "Harry Potter is dead!" He cackled once more. His army behind him applauded and cheered. Venice studied his army, and saw Mr. And Mrs. Malfoy standing at the front. But Draco was not with them. "I'd like to say something," Someone suddenly said, from the crowd. Venice saw that it was Neville. The crowd went silent for a few seconds. "I'm sure we'd all be fascinated by what you have to say," Voldemort said, in a gentle tone. "It doesn't matter that Harry is gone. People die everyday! Friends, family, yeah. We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, in here!" He said, pointing to his heart. "So is Fred. And Remus. Tonks. All of them. He didn't die in vain! But you will!" He said angrily, toward Voldemort. Voldemort started laughing. "Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! It's not over!" Neville said, picking up the tattered, familiar sorting hat from the pile of rubble beside him. He put his hand in it, and pulled out the sword of Gryffindor. It gleamed in the bright sun, and everyone gave a look of shock. Suddenly, everyone turned to see Hagrid struggling to keep Harry in his arms. "You stupid beast, can't you keep the boy still?" Voldemort snapped at Hagrid. As soon as he said that, Harry slipped through Hagrid's fingers, and got on his feet. He ran through the courtyard and directly for the front pathway. Harry Potter was not dead.

Everybody was laughing and cheering as Harry ran. But it did not last for long. There was a loud noise coming from one of the halls, and soon enough a few aurors came crashing into the courtyard, fighting a handful of Death Eaters. Everybody who was there stopped to look at the fighting, then joined in. Curses began flying everywhere. Venice ran out of the courtyard, but was blocked by four Death Eaters. "Crucio!" One of them screamed, aiming the curse at her. She wouldn't be able to block it fast enough, so she waited for the pain to come. But it didn't.